Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with the old film recorder/camcorder?

Options
  • 13-10-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

My mother was clearing out things and want to know what to do with the following:

Sony videoHi8 Handycam 10x

Sony Handycam station AC-H51

Leicina special - film camera

Not sure if they are working but would be an ideal collectors item maybe rather than dump them.

See attached photos for your reference

I appreciate your help and advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

People have modernised camcorders like that before:

The Super 8 stuff is a bit niche, but the Leicina might be a nice gift for somebody studying film.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭jonnreeks

I have some VHS videos that I would like to get burned onto CD'S, from what I was advised.

Anyone care to offer advice or suggestions on where to go or some links to further information!

🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shimshey Geiger

If you have old home movies on tape, you may consider having them digitized or transferred to a more modern format, like digital video files, to preserve and enjoy the memories.

Advertisement