Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS Ireland Lost Package and looking for Money

Options
  • 13-10-2022 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I hope you guys can give me some advice.

I live right on the border of Rep. of Ireland and Northern Ireland and shipped a camera lens worth €900 to the UK for repair work which cost almost €500.

UPS delivered it back to me but were looking for a custom charge of €162.50.

The driver told me that the best thing to do would be to return it to the UK and get them to post it to a Northern Ireland address (because it's in the UK).

This was the last I seen of this lens.

I was back and forth with UPS and Fixation (the repair guys) for about four months before I just gave up. UPS told me that the package was unretrievable.

Anyway, about one year has passed and now UPS has got a debt collection agency on to me still looking for the custom charge of €162.50. (really rubbing salt in the wounds).

Has anyone any advice on what I can do? Do I just pay the money and cut my losses (which already is over €1000) as I'm never going to see this lens again.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Launch a counter claim for the lost €1400 in the small claims court against UPS.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, I see you have also posted this in Legal Discussion

This forum is to discuss issues across this site, not for queries like your own

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement