Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minoxidil Tablets (for hairloss)

Options
  • 14-10-2022 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I know these are prescription tablets for hairloss. I'm just wondering does any know if they can be prescribed by any GP or do I need to go to a specific doctor? I've been using regaine but if the tablets are a like-for-like replacement, then I'd prefer to change to them. My hair is longish and I find it difficult to get the regaine solution directly onto the scalp in some areas of my head. I feel like a lot of it probably gets wasted and doesnt absorb the scalp. Which is why I'm interested in switching to the tablets if they do the same thing.

Can the minoxidil tablets be taken if I'm already taking finasteride daily?

Also curious to know is anyone else taking Minoxidil Tablets? And if so, how do you find them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

I've booked an online appointment with a VHI doctor to ask them to prescribe me some. Not sure how it'll go. I'm guessing it very much depends on the doctors knwledge of this drug. I'll keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

It was a no from VHI doctor. She hadn't a clue what I was talking about. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

The oral version of Minoxidil is called Loniten and is used primarily for the treatment of high blood pressure. You should really discus with your own GP rather than an online Dr who may not be familiar with your medical history and therefore understandably reluctant to prescribe.

Cheers

Deadwards

Advertisement