Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has HomeBrewWest closed/gone??

Options
  • 14-10-2022 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just wondering, as I made an order two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them (just a confirmation email).

You can only buy things that are listed as being 'in stock', so there shouldn't have been a problem.

I've emailed them, texted and phoned too - no joy. Have I been scamned out of €170?? Anybody else had the same experience? Cheers and thanks.

Edit: sorry, can't delete duplicate post atm.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I ordered off them about 4 months ago and I noticed that a lot of stock was low/unavailable.

I have used them for years, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the assumption that you've been scammed. Here's hoping that all is well & functioning, just delayed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ugh, that's a nuisance. Could be a job for the Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Chargeback via bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bink

Thanks for your suggestions. Ill' wait another week and then .. hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bink

Yeah, a lot of things are out of stock. I had to wait weeks in the first place for things to be available again.

Glad it worked out for you. Where do you shop now? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Did you have any joy with this after? Noticed they have 20% off their All Grain Mash Kits at the mo....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

https://www.geterbrewed.ie/ is where i get most of my stuff from, the kits seem to be a few quid cheaper too and better availability. I brew wine and cider though, don't know what their beer stuff is like, that said beer seems to be their main thing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Did your order ever show up? Or does anyone else know the status of the company?

I placed an order last week (which still shows as pending) before I stumbled across this thread by chance.

I sent an email today, so waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I placed an order with them last night before seeing this thread. I have always enjoyed dealing with them and hope that they are not going bust.

Will give them a call if no news on the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Ordered from them about 3 weeks ago and had no problems. Very fast delivery. Have heard others getting orders too so should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Received my order today too, so seems to be fine. Only slight issue is I ordered a 48 bottle drainer and they sent a 45. Not a problem, probably just subbed the item due to available stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ditto, my order arrived this morning so there seem to be no issues at all with homebrewwest. As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Homebrew west had been very good for me in the last few months, great selection and good prices. But now when I order something it often goes out of stock and stays out of stock. They don't even have dextrose in stock right now.

Does anyone know what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the impression I get from my local homebrew club, is that virtually everyone (myself included) is using Geterbrewed. I don't know if HBW do a lot of business with the craft breweries, but their homebrew trade must be way down.

Good info, Geterbrewed does seem to have a good selection of products and resonable shipping rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Will trow this here for info. Came across by accident. Competitive prices by the looks. Belgium based

https://brouwland.com

Ordered on Sun, dispatch confirmed Wed morning with tracking number(DPD), will see how long it takes, will update.

Same time order from homebrewcompany.ie Sun order already delivered Tue. yeah, homeland ...

mods - feel free to move if inappropriate thread

Delivered Sat @12

How much did you pay for shipping. It's showing €22.31 to Ireland for me.

to the nearest DPD drop point which is 4km for me and daily bypass anyway...

I guess delivery is calculated by DPD (volume and/or weight)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Shoog

A friend in Galway who uses them says they have closed their shop.

• Advertisement

They still ship promptly for me however once something goes out of stock they never reorder. Maybe just clearing stock at this point.

So I was wrong and they are just after renewing stock. Most popular items now back in stock. It looks like their restock intervals are about 6 months.

Advertisement