Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adapter for strip light

Options
  • 14-10-2022 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I have an under counter strip light in the kitchen. It's wired in and I normally just unplug and replace. The type of light is no longer available. The new one has a different fitting. Does anyone know if I could get an adapter/joiner to join these 2 fittings. I don't want to have to call an electrician for such a small job. I don't want to go messing with it myself either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

What’s the original lead connected to. There must be a joint box somewhere. Try locate it and connect the new lead from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Cheers Meercat, it's connected to this at the top of the press. I can just switch off the electricity at the fuse board and replace the blue and brown wire? Job done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

That’d be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Job done, thanks a million. Much easier to do than I thought it would be. Cheers

Post edited by jos28 on

Advertisement