Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking number

• 15-10-2022 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭

the Apple Store app shows my order as delivered but it hasn’t arrived in either of the two locations that post here in kept.

does anyone know how to find the tracking number ? I’m hoping the DHL automated support can show me who signed for it but all I can see is the Apple Store order number and the invoice number but neither work as a tracking number - unless it wasn’t DHL that delivered it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I ordered a Mac Studio last week, and it was delivered by DPD. I received a Dispatch Notification email, and it contained a "Track Shipment" link, which went to the DPD site. Their updates were pretty bad - they asked you to put in your post code to get status details, but when I did, it told me it was and "unexpected format".

Apple Store is down at the moment, so I can't check where in there it was listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I found the tracking number in a linked webpage from Apple.

Apple want a copy of my passport or driver’s license before they will start an investigate - I’m not giving them either one. I didn’t need to it when I paid for the item so I don’t see why they doubt my identity now.

I ‘m having a hell of a time trying to get help from UPS

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Why not give it to them, you are only holding up the process

There is no reason that Apple needs a copy of a passport or drivers license.

I told Apple this and it didn’t hold up anything. They offered a replacement which was pointless since it would just the same delivery guy so I got a refund.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They said the customer is always right, but in this case, they are not!

They need the ID for identification purposes, of course they need to make sure you are who you say you are before they go in to an investigation for a product that is probably quite expensive.

• Advertisement

Well Apple disagrees with you (As I said the refund has already been issued) and they’ve investigated without identity verification (which apparently is not why the passport copy was asked for but I cannot remember what the lady from Apple said) m. And they’ve been in communication with UPS - who also disagree with you.

The driver signed my name (which UPS said he should not have done) and did not deliver.

It was not his first time and apparently he is not the only driver to do this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So which was it? Started off as DHL and ended up as UPS…….

that is obvious if you read the thread

it is old news now and was all sorted out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had done. Still no clearer. Well done on the attitude no wonder they were so helpful.

What attitude?

the comment about Apple, etc seems to be intended as sarcasm but they were all helpful so I can’t figure out the purpose of the sarcasm

• Advertisement
Advertisement