Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replace a immersion for a under sink water heater

• 15-10-2022 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

has anyone had this done or have any knowledge of the implications?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Brother-in-law did this a while ago as lives on his own and was only using the HW cylinder for his sinks as had a T90 shower. Can't comment on what cost savings would apply ref water heating bills. I presume you would be looking at €500-700 to get two undersink heaters supplied & fitted and old cylinder capped/ removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horseman34

similar to me ive just moved to back to my parents home, mum has died, so im on my own and immersion hasnt been used in probably 10 years as the shower is directly feed from the attic tank, the immersion in my mind is completely redundant. the tank has defo seen better days and id say its close to leaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

It's really down to personal choice but I would say for the upper end of that Budget, possibly slightly more you would get a new insulated HW cylinder & timer. I can't see there being a huge difference in running costs if you just use sink element on the cylinder. Undersinks have the convince of only heating what and when you need.

Advertisement