Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity insulation issue

Options
  • 15-10-2022 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

So I got cavity insulation installed in 2016, it was a well known company with plenty of recommendations. I priced around as well and not the cheapest by any means but went with them to get a proper job. I have receipts etc from the job still.

At the time someone mentioned to me about companies not using enough adhesive so I did mention to the sales person and they said it would be covered.

Anyway, over the last few years any hole in the wall and all the insulation come flying out, even the other day it was the last straw when I went outside and moved some units to find piles of insulation that had come out of the walls due to some small holes, etc. Now of course I fixed the holes but just wondering what I can do.

I am taking a sunroom down and checked the dwarf walls and all full of insulation but it has zero adhesives on it. All are free to blow away. I would have expected they would be somewhat glued together. Or am I wrong?

I contacted the company and they are sending someone out but wondering what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I'm very interested to hear the answer to this too. Am looking to get walls pumped and wanted to know if I could drill for mhvr down the line.

Advertisement