Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 T20 World Cup in Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭hawley

There seems to be a massive lack of confidence at the moment. Need Campher and Tector to come up with big knocks to save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭hawley

Tector gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Thats a great comeback to win. Looked hopeless in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Think I owe Campher an apology 😂.

Great news to wake up to. Still the top 4 are a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Fantastic chase. Would have been annoyed to bow out to Scotland. Still in it now and hopefully full of confidence.

• Advertisement

Exceptional running from the two boys at the end. Were running quick 2s and 3s which put Scotland under serious pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

We won? Good stuff to get one over on the Scots.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 machomac

What a phenomenal win. Im in Australia. Was listening to the first chunk on the radio until I finished work. Was really not looking good. Highest score of the tournament to chase. 60/4 when I started watching it in the pub after 10 overs (ish). They just started nailing it. I was all about keeping the run rate down at that stage but oh my God...what a come back. Absolutely pumped. Myself and ten of my mates heading down to Hobart for the final game for my stag. The last time we all went to Hobart was for the epic win against Zimbabwe in to ODI world cup. Let's hope for another epic result. Hon Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I ended up waking up with my alarm as set but falling asleep before the first ball. 😅

but waking up later to a great and much needed result. Lost both our openers early for feck all runs again and inside 5 overs too so we were really behind the 8 ball.

Campher & Dockrell with that partnership was the winning for us.

west indies have all but beaten Zimbabwe I’m seeing so that’s going to be a final group,day shootout to determine who goes through… we won’t as a victory over West Indies.. unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland bottom of the table on NRR. If our game doesn't happen on Friday we are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 machomac

Friday's forecast had improved since the start of the week. Its all very simple for the group if the rain stays away.

It’s improved but there is some rain in Bellerive I’m seeing is forecasted not that far away time wise from the start but hopefully it can change or skirt around the area.

Anyone else NOT a fan of the NRR decision metric ?

Would be better off going with OBB ? Overall boundary count ? Things like weather, day/ night et can in theory impact the NRR.

Got back to see Ireland’s batting innings highlights.

that Scottish team can go jump in a fûcking lake quite frankly…

A very grimy unsporting outfit. A couple of times on getting an Irish batsman out their players instead of celebrating together, were over towards the out Irish batsmen and giving them verbals and making gestures.

also when their bowlers saw Irish players making a move to leg or off before they bowled they pulled out of their delivery, 5 or 6 times. In addition they bowed early before the bowler reached his popping crease… at best, unsportsmanlike, at worst in breach of laws 21.5 and a no ball to boot. Of course the tailor shop dummies umpiring did nada.

the handshakes at the end looked particularly unfriendly and intense from the Scots…

72 from 32… a real impactful knock by Campher…but we’ll done to ALL

———

Reece Topley ruled out of the tournament, replaced by Tymal Mills. Huge loss.

Mills doesn’t take wickets or score runs. Averages 4 with the bat and 12 wickets in 13 international T20 matches.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭VillaMad

For the first 30 overs yesterday you could have wrote the obituary for Irish cricket such was the display that they had served up. Barry McCarthy so good on Monday, was awful yesterday, typical of the sort of performances from these players where you would tear you hair out.

Fair play to Campher though. He stood up and just whacked it and once he got on top of the bowlers, he took over.

Gives us a chance tomorrow now against the West Indies, albeit it will be tough. It looks to me to be the weakest West Indies side in some time particularly in the batting but in Holder and Joseph they have two quality bowlers. If we can get a batter to stick around and get a score we have a chance.

As for today, the Netherlands courtesy of a UAE win over Namibia joined Sri Lanka to qualify for the Super 12. The Dutch bowled well in their 3 matches but their batting leaves a lot to be desired and they will struggle in the Super 12 against predominately Asian opposition.

Namibia will be kicking themselves after such a good win over Sri Lanka. They batted very poorly in the last 2 games and pretty much blew it.

No matter what happens tomorrow I hope the lesson is not lost on the Irish team and management that it's so important not to get hammered in any of the first two games. Whatever about losing one, getting a hiding puts you in such a worse position when NRR comes into things ahead of the third game.

What's the forecast like for the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Just checked the forecast for Hobart and it seems like it will definitely rain in the evening and possibly the late afternoon. Ireland's match begins at 3pm local time and should be ok. The Zimbabwe-Scotland match looks like it will surely be affected in some way which doesn't look good for Zimbabwe.

Good start anyway. Two wickets inside first five overs

99/4 now. 14.1 overs. Lewis the big danger here, delany excellent with ball today

• Advertisement

Now a 3rd wicket for delany

Delany 3 wickets for 16 runs in his 4 overs

147 the target. Not bad at all. Cool heads needed with the bat now, especially early on

Curious as to why Simi wasn't given another over. Got one wicket for 11 in the two he bowled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Good reachable target.

Newbie question, it's a case of win and they are through, right?

Correct yep

Great start. Keep it up now

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

This is fantastic.

Balbirnie out for 37. Important not to lose a few quick ones now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

This really is excellent from Ireland.

Advertisement