Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EX FG voters, why have you stopped supporting them?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Since when is a student at Technological University Dublin an expert witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Take it up with the Irish Times! Or the Joint committee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

@Larbre34 bre34 "Ireland has become the most socially progressive society in the Western hemisphere in the last 10 years, with bodily autonomy and social equality being changed utterly, with the direct democratic assent of the people."

There are socially conservative people in Ireland too though, and normally they'd have voted for FG. So for those particular people that's one less reason to be enthused.

For social liberals there are more socially liberal parties like Labour, Greens, Social Democrats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

But apart from Fianna Fail and Aontas, who are the socially conservative going to vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sunday Indo and the Times both giving Varadkar a kicking this morning.

Apparently there is “growing unease” within FG about the controversies surrounding him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mattser

Another thread of ( 1st time 😂 ) SF voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I'll be spoiling my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

They may choose not to vote. In which case FG will lose out previous support.

Its a mistake to think people will necessarily vote for an uninspiring (to them) choice because they feel they are "out of options".

• Registered Users Posts: 37 international xl

Have vote f g all my life as I believe that one should contribute to society and thus the state and state in general should look after its citizens but all I see now the more idle one is the more look after one is I see good neighbours falling in to poor health the properties been sold yet people who have been 40 years unemployable living the dream live in west cork and every town and village now has social housing in it turns out as the design office is in the city the further away from the office the site is the more mileage one gets so all these estates has numerous engineering visits every week not for the build but mileage so in a nutshell the more idle people the more state jobs are secure looking after these any way a bit like the refugees from Ukraine we should help but there should be requirement for them to produce there identity as no identity one can make multiply benefits claims what a racket

sitting here in my kitchen the greens they would bankrupt any business quicker then ff or fg as on any frosty morning there is never any wind and all solar panels are covered in frost but electricity is still required yet these morans want all oil and gas generators closed yesterday I once stood in mallow sugar factory it was the most modern in Europe yet the industry was closed over night yet still today a lot of sugar is imported in to the food industry in ireland every day as its sugar from beet that is needed and that grows grows extremely easy in ireland and Uk climate and from a greens policy it’s very good as it was used as a break crop and after all the processing fuel could also be obtained from it

in the end I be voting for an independent as do not want to waste my voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

But the the FG activist said we have very high Salaries??

• Advertisement
Advertisement