Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Open, Waterfront Belfast 16-23 October. Eurosport and Quest

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Loving seeing Mark look so happy and playing well. Getting a fair bit of assistance from his opponent it has to be said, but fully worth his interval lead. Hoping he can maintain it and finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yes, would like to see Allen win it again now.

Great stuff from Mark there. Just when there was merest suspicion of a momentum change. Firmly snuffed it out for now at least.

Great win for Mark. 6-2. Don't think Robertson had dropped 6 frames all week

6-2 a fair reflection of the match, Mark decent but Robbo never got into it for whatever reason. Interesting to hear Allen lavish praise on his mind coach there, such a massive part of it and really does look like a totally different player lately. Not sure what shirt Jimmy has on tonight but for a second i thought he'd been ordained!

• Advertisement

I don't know why Allen went all the way to the brown before laying a snooker.

He should have had a good angle on yellow or green to snooker in behind brown.

Ronnie going on about coaching the ref to train him to stay still during the break. LOL. While making a 40 break during the World Championships.

At least he stands there and explains his logic, makes his run ins with the refs more understandable than if he just acted the big box office star.

Obviously a decent talent Zhou but hardly the most resolute. If he's that shaky now, not even halfway to the title, imagine what he'd be like if he actually got into a winning position. Not convinced he will anyway as I'd expect Allen to go up a gear tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I did cringe a lil bit when he said the ref was there 'to serve me'.

All that hard work from Zhou and then 2 utter rubbish shots on the yellow, absolutely no idea what he was trying the second time. Maybe a pot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Zhou looks like he can make a mess out of any shot. His nerve seems to be shot if I’m reading his facial expression and demeanour correctly with his performance.

As I type, the break 🫣. But a chance here.

I think he's just really struggling with the occasion. It's his third ranking final so you'd think he'd be growing accustomed to it by now, but maybe a major self belief thing going on there. Allen is starting to play very solid tbf, really imposing himself on the match.

And getting zero of the luck, jeeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

Another frame to Allen, another missed opportunity to claw one back by Zhou. Huge difference in 8-4 to 7-5 in a best of 17.

Allen really belting the balls in, very solid, very confident. Getting some luck too - no more so than the second last red there gliding the black cushion to go in the second pocket.

You don't see Zhou being able to take chances well, so each frame seems inevitably Allens. Maybe the mid-session might break the run of things, but I feel we are on the way to being wrapped up by 9.30 at 9-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Fair enough Allen deserves a healthy lead but my god he's had some serious luck as well.

Allen be better off saving that luck for another occasion. He'd still be 8-4 ahead without it, I'd say.

He’s all over the kip, that attempted safety 🫣😵‍💫 and subsequent pot attempt. Jesus.

im not feeling sorry for him, he’s a professional snooker player and I wanted a somewhat competitive final..playing dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ton finish and 8 frames on the trot,great display all round

I know he has flattered to deceive before, but Allen showing clear signs he's turned a major corner in his life and career. Really interested to see if he can truly drive on now, in particular put himself in contention at the crucible where, frankly, his record is dismal for a player of his stature. Long way to go before then, of course, but if he did manage to turn up in this form and mood, I'd definitely be backing him for the first time in years.

Advertisement