Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail without a telephone number ?

Options
  • 17-10-2022 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Please reboot me to the right place if this is the wrong forum for the question.

Is it possible to open a new gmail account without having to give them your telephone number ? Tried creating a new one but the set up process stops at wanting a phone number to which to send a 6 digit code.

I would not mind but I was able to set up other gmail accounts with one of the other accounts as the recovery e-mail but maybe that is irrelevant ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Google have been forcing people to use their phone numbers to set up accounts for a long time now.

In the past, it was possible to create a new gmail without any telephone number. My own would be an example, created nearly 20 years ago when I didn't have a mobile.

Advertisement