Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVheadend with Freesat/DVB-S

Options
  • 17-10-2022 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've setup a Jellyfin server - and added a Saorview TVheadend source to it recently (dvb-t) works great.

Got me thinking about using an old sky dish on the house, previously used with Sky digital, and for a short time worked great with an amiko alien 2 box. Then we just stopped using it. 

Fast forward to now - and I've installed OpenATV on the AA2 box, and have tvheadend running on it. I attached one of the satelitte feeds to it, and tried scanning Astra 28.2e using 

freq11428000

rate2750000

polarizationH

modulationAuto

fec2/3

I get the below output from the cli

2022-10-17 17:42:09.283 [  INFO] mpegts: 11428H in freesat - tuning on Tuner2-Sat #0 : DVB-S #2

2022-10-17 17:42:19.686 [ ERROR] diseqc: failed to set toneburst (e=Operation not supported)

but no channels found. The dish in question has a quad LNB - and 1 feed to the front (I removed one awhile a go) which I'm using and 2 to the back (but there is no ethernet there).

Any advice before I source a 10m cat5 to enable me to move the box temporarily to the back of the house ?

Advertisement