Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At the end of my tether with gear shifting issue

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

oh yeah, i get on my winter bike (semi compact) and it feels sluggish as i'm used to the gearing on the summer bike, then remember there's a 6% difference in the gear ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

This! Plastik was spot on the money.

Just to round back here...

This issue has persisted since July last. I had tried everything I could. Multiple cable changes (at least 2 by outer at the start of the issue and easily 4 or 5 inner, which on the CAAD12 is a painful process because FD cable has to be unclamped when changing the rear and vice versa). I checked frame alignment. Hanger alignment. Different wheels. Different cassettes. New chain ring. BB issues led to installation of a Wheels Manufacturing BB30A adapter and I put on Shimano cranks. Issue with rear shifting and chain drops off the front chainring still persisted. I bought a new hanger and that didn't solve it either. Still sh!tty shifting and still chain drops.

But I got my hands on an Ultegra shifter, R8000. Installed that and bingo, issue gone. Perfect shifting now again..

Advertisement