Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coding VW battery

Options
  • 18-10-2022 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I've replaced the starter battery in my Mrs' car. It all works but I've read that the battery needs to be coded, as it uses stop-start technology, to let the car know it's been replaced. Seems it's a 2 minute job.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin or close to, which would do it without charging me an arm and a leg?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Any place with a high end obd2 scanner will be able to do it. Literally takes 2 minutes so shouldn't charge you much really, maybe 10 or 20 quid, anymore than that I'd be saying go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Is there anyone on here who could code a 2017 VW battery? Happy to pay for the service.

Or can anyone advise me on the cheapest device/app which would do the coding?

It's a one time event, I've no need to code other things on the car.

I had a look at odb11 & thought maybe their cheapest device coupled with 10 credits might do the trick but apparently you need to buy the pro version.

Quick update, I found a solution. Car Scanner app, and a reliable ODB II bluetooth device did the trick. Hopefully this information will help someone else in the same position.

Advertisement