Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management/Letting Agency

• 18-10-2022 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

We're considering renting out our apt in Dublin 13 and wondering if anyone has any experience with property mgmt companies or letting agencies to manage it on our behalf.

I've seen costs of 6%-10% mentioned but would like to understand the entire cost to us or renting it out.

All and any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have experience of several, wouldn't recommend any of them. They usually charge a month's rent to find a tenant and then a percentage management fee to "look after the place". Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

We used Dublin lettings in Jan this year and no trouble. They charge an annual fee and then monthly. All done on online portal. Letting fee is once off at 4.5% first years rent. Property management fee then monthly 5%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

You can employ an estate agent to rent out the property for you only and then deal with the tenants yourself for the rest of the tenancy. I don't see why you have to pay for them managing the place for the rest of the year, you can have them do both or only one part.

I've family who get an estate agent to rent out the place and then look after the tenants problems themselves. The estate agent was OK with being employed to only let the apartment.

I know its a hassle to organise tradesmen to fix stuff during the year and it's handy that estate agents will organise this instead too but if you can manage it yourself then why not do so. They charging you a fee to literally make few phone calls to get tradesmen etc.

Advertisement