Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manual pump for back boiler

• 18-10-2022 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

We had a wood burning boiler stove installed a number of years ago (we have a supply of free wood), its 12Kwh system that heats the entire house plus a 300l water tank. It works very nicely (there are 9 rads). I'm worried about power cuts and I know the pump is a weak link there, ie the stove will heat the water only but not circulate the heat around the house. Does anyone know if its possible to install a manual pump to use as a back up to circulate the hot water around the house, or at least the upsatirs? I've asked the plumber we used, but he could only think of a pump running of a 12v battery.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

Our circulation pump has a 3 pin plug which allows us to unplug it from the heating circuit and plug it into an alternative power source such as a power pack or generator. we use an invertor hooked up to an old car battery which will easily keep the pump running overnight. Then its a case of making sure the hot water can run through the pipes i.e you don't have any valves that require power to open them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ofearghp

Thanks, I need to check that. I hadn't thought of whether there could be valves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

as far as i know there should be no motorised or any closable valves on a solid fuel install

as these would interfere with the gravity flow in the event of a power outage

Advertisement