Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuath housing vs DCC

Options
  • 19-10-2022 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone , I’m new on the site and I’m looking for a bit of advise .

Im living in my DCC house a few years now and applied for a transfer since I recently had a new baby .

Ive been searching for a house and it’s so hard to find someone to swap as I’m trying to go from a 2 bed to a 3 bed house .

I found someone who wants to swap with me and her house is beautiful, exactly what I wanted and more , my dream house . We have been talking for a few days and she casually just mentioned that she’s with Tuath housing not DCC .

I don’t really know what to think as I don’t know much about them and I heard you can’t buy with them and they can evict you for no reason if they wish to sell the house . I also heard there’s a 20 year lease . I have so many concerns especially for my children as I don’t want them to end up homeless if something happened to me . It’s heartbreaking as I’ve been looking for so long and i finally found this amazing house/area and I don’t know what to do.

Does anyone have any advise on what to do ?

Thanks for reading 📖

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

I'd say your best to try and stay in the DCC system, but I'd say the chances are slim that somebody would voluntarily downsize unless your location suits them better. You could be waiting a while, might be worth investing in bunkbeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Do Tuath actually own the place? Is the lease with Tuath or a private owner through Tuath? It would never be a case of you being evicted to nowhere if you're with Tuath. Should they need you to move down the line they'll transfer you.

Advertisement