Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel going to wrong address - what can I do?

Options
  • 19-10-2022 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I won't dox myself, but instead of writing the number 21 I wrote the number 2. The parcel is coming tomorrow (fastway though, so who the **** knows when it'll get here), can I just go to number 2 and explain the problem? Or if I catch him can I try to explain what happened to the driver?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Generally speaking the curriers and postal services are under contract to deliver the parcel to the person at the address specific or failing that dispose of it as per the senders instructions.

Is there no option in the online tracking system to change the delivery instructions?

otherwise maybe bring your passport with you and hope you can catch and persuade them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭CPTM

Could you knock on the door and explain the situation to number 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Will they deliver to wrong name? Contact the courier to explain? Have you received tracking info?

Maybe speak to number 2 beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Even when a courier does deign to knock on the door with a delivery, a rarity these days, I have never been asked for my name (or it was so cursory as to be meaningless.)

I would hope that a courier wouldn't deliver other than to the address on the package, based just on a phone call from some randomer.

Talk to the people in no.2.

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’d be contacting all three parties. The original sender, fastway and the people in number 2.

I hope you’ve done it already too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Not even my final form

I've sent an email to the courier and I think it's sorted, they worded it in a way that either means it will go to my house or that I need to go to the depot, I'm hoping it's the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Not even my final form

Just got it, it did go to number 2 and they were out but I asked the neighbour to tell them what happened when they get back

Advertisement