Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Living - Grinds

Options
  • 19-10-2022 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a primary school teacher. When I was younger, I attended grinds quite a lot. Firstly, to help my learning (particularly with sounds) as I had a speech impediment I also attended speech therapy for, and later for areas I found difficult. These cost my mother a lot of money, but she always ensured that we had the money for this.

Due to the help of these teachers, I became a primary teacher. I have always given grinds and tried to keep costs low. However, with the cost of living crisis this year, I am trying to think of another way to help children and parents while minimizing costs to families.

I was wondering if parents would be interested in signing up for a blog/newsletter where they can ask questions and get researched answers, be provided with information regarding up to date programmes (i.e. Building Bridges of Understanding), get lists of questions to ask to improve comprehension, and get maths worksheets they can go through with their child? If parents had the time to go through these with their kids, and read the information sheets attached to ensure they know the benefits and strategies behind certain approaches, it may work similarly to grinds.

It might be a terrible idea, but I'm just seeing if there is interest. Additionally, if so, how much would you be willing to pay weekly for this? Or would it work better on something like OnlyFans, where you can just pay to unlock the posts you think you would use?

Open to suggestions, this is very much just looking into the idea.

Advertisement