Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish water quality in D6

• 20-10-2022 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

The water was disrupted the last few days in D6, it has come back on and off but the quality is shocking. Running the taps as Irish water helpfully(!) say. On the phone to them now.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

I heard from some people who live there that it was bit dirty few days ago but now it's clear. They didn't know it was off as they were out during the day but noticed it at night.

It happens in other parts of the country too, usual advice is to run the taps etc. Dunno what you think Irish water can do, how long have you been living in Ireland? This happens often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm 30+ years in Ireland. Yes I understand all that, but when I rang Irish water I was informed of works that weren't on the website and got an estimated time of return...

Usually it's emergency repairs due to a burst pipe etc so it probably won't be on the website. I've come across it before, turned on the tap and no water, phoned them and was told emergency repairs and it'd be turned on later. Later in the evening the water came back on. That's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That's life is also complaining about these things when they do happen.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ok we can agree to disagree. I was given the Op my experience of the situation including what I heard about in D6 and other stuff about when and why water goes off. I've been on jobs when the council men were fixing burst pipes and every Tom dick and Harry came out giving out to them why their water was off. The men were in the bottom of muddy trenches fixing pipes and people had no consideration or thanks to them for the hassle they were doing to rectify the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I don't know how you got this from: "Anyone else experiencing the same?"

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

https://www.water.ie/?map=supply-and-service-updates&id=DCC00054366

Burst Water Main - Dublin

**Update 8:47am 20/10/2022**

Works are now complete and supply should begin to return to all affected areas.

Repairs to a burst water main may cause supply disruptions to Rathfarnham, Rathdown, Cranagh, Terenure, Milltown, Rathgar, Ranelagh, Rathmines, Harolds Cross and surrounding areas in Co. Dublin.

Crews are working to restore supply as soon as possible.

We recommend that you allow 2-3 hours after the estimated restoration time for your supply to fully return.

Please take note of the following reference number and enter it into the search bar should you wish to return for an update: DCC00054366.

Post edited by Victor on

I didn't realise I have to keep my answers to the exact topic at hand, look around on this site people give divergent answers and opinions on any manner of topics /threads etc.

Anyway I'm not going to spend all night axe grinding with you so thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement