Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 20-10-2022 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

We are pensioners and live as frugally as possible to keep within our budget.  I am over 70 so understanding bills is difficult for me. My bill was usually just under 60 euro. I got a bill yesterday with two different charges. Will you please explain how much the bill is and how one of them is over 7 times the normal one please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Is there another page with the reads on? Look for last read and present read but particularly is there a letter after the numbers. An E perhaps? Could possibly be they have read it visually and noticed you have underpaid due to their previous estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thank you Mondeoma.

Here is another page. No estimated bills a

s far as I can see. I sent in the readings by emails when they asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Why are the customer readings for 17 Jan, 11 Feb & 15 Jul all the same at 62767? Looks like incorrect readings were submitted & this was picked up when the actual reading of 63877 was submitted on 9 Sep. This resulted in a usage of 1110 kWh being charged.

Post edited by Gooser14 on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Since January you were showing no consumption worth talking about. The actual reading caught up in it. You were hardly paying much more than the standing charges all year. How were you submitting the same reading over months.

Ah I see, thank you, they did not use the reading I was sending them and the large bill is actually arrears on estimated bills?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The large bill is for your actual usage, what you used between January and September. 1,200 units at one unit price and 65 units at a higher price (I presume a recent price rise).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

With Zero actual usage your bill will be around €50. So anything in that range suggests it's too low. I'd estimate your bills should total €120 to €150 every two months going forward. That's still a low bill with today's prices. We're a retired couple and ours last week was €220 and we'd be careful with our usage.

Excellent, thank you all for your experience, explanations and patience. It was a surprise when it all come at the one time.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

You got lucky all those units werent at the new october rate!! That would have been some bill.

Advertisement