Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid Sky + Viewing Card Number

Options
  • 20-10-2022 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi. Apologies if this has been asked before - I had a quick search and didn't see anything.

My Sky+ box is giving an invalid card number error (04). When I check on the settings, the Sky+ box is seeing the correct number for the card present: i.e. 363xxxxxx

Card is been in use for years, everything is up to date and no apparent reason for it to not work.

I haven't received or had reason to expect a new card.

First, I did a system software upgrade in the faint hope that it would make a difference but it didn't.

Then I logged on to my account on sky.ie to see if I could do anything, and notice that it shows a completely different viewing card number for my account. (885xxxxxx) The field is greyed out and can't be changed so I can't force a re-pairing with the present card.

It's after 7pm so I'm going round in circles with sky tech support and the online help bot.

Has anyone come across this before? I'm guessing that it's something that needs attention from somebody sitting in front of a console in Sky.

Is there any way to get tech support out of hours from Sky at all? The bot is very limited and useless in this instance.

Thanks in advance,

Edit:

Got it sorted this morning. Turns out there was a cancelled upgrade to Sky Q earlier in the year and this caused the card to be updated.

We never went through with the upgrade - no magic Eye with Sky Q - and forgot all about it, not thinking it would have any effect on the existing setup.

The new card was in a pile of junk mail from while we were away during the summer. A quick fix once Sky told me when it had been sent out. Lucky we don’t throw stuff out that often.

The WhatsApp and SMS tech support is very good once it comes online but a pity it isn't available in the evenings like Sky telephone support once used to be.

🙂

Post edited by Itineoman on

Advertisement