Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in E-Cargo Bike (BTW Scheme)

Options
  • 20-10-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hi folks seeking advice/ recommendations for E-Cargo Bikes / sellers in Ireland, especially considering the increase to 3k on the Bike to Work Scheme.

Had a quick search here and some old threads but couldn't see anything recent ( apologies if I missed it)

Any recommendations appreciated.

Considering:the Urban Arrow or Moustache Lundi from Grrenaer ( no experience with them) or thedutchbike shop etc.

All feedback welcome👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

Was there any increase on non e-bikes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Both Greener and thedutchbikeshop are good to their customers AFAIK. I think the latter is now online only as her rented place was taken back but could be wrong. I'd highly recommend her regardless. Very good anytime I was in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's reported that it's all cargo bikes (electric or not) up to 3000, no change for others AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't advise on cargo bikes, but I bought my electric bike from Greenaer, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

No hard sell, plenty of advice, as many test cycles as I wanted, and excellent after-sales service.

An absolute pleasure to deal with.

(I have no connection to them, they were recommended by a pal who had bought their bike there.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I predict a rise in high end road bike sales...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dutch Bike Shop is still operating, bought our Bakfiets off them in August of this year. They now have a yard instead, you can visit for a test ride but you need to pre-arrange the visit.

Would recommend,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Thanks folks for the replies 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd definitely recommend a test ride first. One of these would be perfect for what I need (crèche then work) and also seems like the safest option for a busy city (compared to one of the more long-tail types), but I found it difficult to get used to the size. I'm still strongly considering buying early next year but will try a few different models first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

if you don't mind me asking, what and where did you test ride ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I live in the Netherlands so can't help with the shop - it was a Carqon. Just found it huge. Didn't help that I rode 10km to the shop on my Brompton.

• Advertisement
Advertisement