Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Offer letter

Options
  • 21-10-2022 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all, i am in the process of selling a property. It has been stalled for the last six weeks as the purchaser is delayed waiting on loan offer letter from Haven mortgages. Valuer was out six weeks ago and there were no issues. Has anyone else heard of delays of this length at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Haven is nightmare to deal with, I seen so many people withdrawing with them and applying with other banks. It's crazy service.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Thistley

It is an actual nightmare at the moment with the waiting times from lenders. It seems to be across the board as well.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Apparently non-bank lenders are particularly slow at the moment. I just sold a property recently and at one point the two highest bidders were someone getting their mortgage with AIB and the other with Haven. The EA said if no other bids came in, to go with the AIB buyer because Haven are so slow, and we wanted the sale wrapped up asap

Advertisement