Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only some bulbs work after changing switch and fixture

Options
  • 22-10-2022 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all, I had a light fixture in a room with a dimmer switch. There is only 1 switch to control the light.

Today I changed the dimmer switch to a standard single 10A One Way switch, and changed the fixture to a simple single pendant fixture from B&Q. Now the old bulb I had in the old fixture works fine when I test it in the new fixture, but new A+ rated bulbs I also got in B&Q will not work at all, everything E27. Tried a few of them.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! Odd that. Do the A+/E27 bulbs work in another fixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Autorotation

Hi, I think I’ve maybe found the problem. Following your suggestion (thank you) I tried the bulbs in other fixtures and they were working, so I tried again in the new fixture and the bulb flashed on for a second. By finding a sweet spot in how far the bulb is screwed in, it’s now staying on. So I think the problem is perhaps the poor quality of the B&Q pendant light fixture housing.

Advertisement