Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Boston virus (lab developed super-COVID)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Yes you’re missing denial of gain of function research and it’s very public, and worldwide scientific concern about it’s risks.

Also missing heads in sand re excess deaths. But nothing to see here now… it’s ALL conspiracy theories and anti-vaxx misinformation spread.

Your work is done.

As I said, people continuing to ignore the facts on the study in discussion on this thread, and the data on excess deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Gain of function research has been going on for years and relatively identifiable, none to very few in the field believe SARS-COV2 was from GoF because the changes made are currently beyond our technology. (note, this doesn't mean it wasn't a lab leak as it could have been an animal in captivity that caused it to spread across species).

These articles pop up in various tabloids over the years, "super anthrax" etc, the daily mail is taking advantage of the gullible with this one (the clue should be the paper published detailing their findings in detail).

But does every thread have to devolve to conspiracy theories these days? (when there is a whole forum for them).

This whole forum has descended into an echo chamber of the usual suspects fighting last years battles while the rest of the country have moved on. Time to close the forum and re-integrate to current affairs for ongoing discussions.

"Time to close" as you've lost the argument and are unable to change people's minds as pro-covidians used to be able to do over the past couple of years.

Time to close as the topic is now only inhabited by cranks and continue discussion in the main CA forum.

But quoting full post would of course not have been appropriate as that would not have been deliberate misrepresentation which than led to mis characterisation and a labelling of an “other”.

Christ it’s tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Whilst its open to debate how many covid killed so far,I dont think its time to say "it's all over", tell that to those experiencing "long covid" or is that all a myth too? I really don't think it is (personal experience I won't go into here), i think that's the real point of concern longer term as re-infections mount.

If this thing was brewed in a lab, presumably in Wuhan, China, what is their zero-covid policy telling us?

I strongly suspect we will start to see life expectancies dropping across many countries in the coming years which is going to be hard to explain away, time will tell.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

There is limited evidence that long covid is anything more that standard post viral complications that are experienced by many, just concentrated together due to the pandemic. Standard flu leaves many lasting effects that are on a par or worse than "long covid", including lung damage, chronic fatigue, Asthma or asthma type symptoms, auto immune conditions etc. What has been seen post covid is not something that has not been seen before with other viruses.

I used to be a fan of Dr John, but things have changed.

This video, on the Boston virus, is the latest example of what has gone wrong.

With Dr John, what appears to have happened is this: he started out with good intentions, providing detailed information on the novel coronavirus.

That has since gone into remission. Now, in very subtle ways, he appeals to conspiracy theories, sensationalists, and fear. The other week, he cast questions about the New Economic Forum and billionaires secretly meeting together. The kind of questions David Icke would ask, only John couches the same ideas in more subtle language. People know what John is getting at, even if he doesn't phrase it directly. He constantly hints at "something going on"; a them versus us.

There's a very, very large market for all of this. Just look at Alex Jones and so on. Dr John advertises free books, but has a donation section along with it. Donations and grifters are well-established bedfellows.

Dr John gets away with it because his videos have a veneer of respectability - often, the videos are genuinely informative. However, now that he has 2.5 million followers, what started out with good intentions has become corrupted by his business model of the above I mentioned. Everything he says and does is now about raking in the cash. He could easily have chosen other videos to do, but he has consciously decided to move down this conspiracy/something going on path. Russell Brand does the same kind of thing, incidentally. They pretend to be the bishops of truth, against everyone who is trying to delude the masses.

This Boston virus is the latest example. It's not really about delivering "the Truth", but rather an attempt to instil fear, to hoover up shares, and to create a narrative of them versus us. Watch the YouTube ad revenue flood in.

He's very good at it, to be honest. Very subtle techniques. He's a businessman, not a "doctor".

That said, you must take what he says with a pinch of salt, and in the wider context of what I've explained above.

• Advertisement

I see that this thread has been moved to the conspiracy theories forum, clearly that shows just how serious the corona virus mods are about the real risks involved.

No point in discussing it further!

Swept under the carpet!

Except it has been pointed out the the study does not say anything like what Dr john or the thread believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

King Mob must have put in a request to get involved. As he is only to reply to posts in one specific forum for some strange reason.

Not saying he's under contract, or has duplicate accounts.

It is interesting to watch through and see people get swept up in it. You can understand why people turn to grifting, it's relatively easy when you have a "name" for something and you can step just one side of saying things you shouldn't giving you plausible deniability.

It's also a pity for the grifter themselves, ethically, I wonder if they truly see it that way or just get caught up in the excitement of it all.

Her is a direct quote from the original article.

Abstract

The recently identified, globally predominant SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (BA.1) is highly transmissible, even in fully vaccinated individuals, and causes attenuated disease compared with other major viral variants recognized to date17. The Omicron spike (S) protein, with an unusually large number of mutations, is considered the major driver of these phenotypes3,8. We generated chimeric recombinant SARS-CoV-2 encoding the S gene of Omicron in the backbone of an ancestral SARS-CoV-2 isolate and compared this virus with the naturally circulating Omicron variant. The Omicron S-bearing virus robustly escapes vaccine-induced humoral immunity, mainly due to mutations in the receptor-binding motif (RBM), yet unlike naturally occurring Omicron, efficiently replicates in cell lines and primary-like distal lung cells. In K18-hACE2 mice, while Omicron causes mild, non-fatal infection, the Omicron S-carrying virus inflicts severe disease with a mortality rate of 80%. This indicates that while the vaccine escape of Omicron is defined by mutations in S, major determinants of viral pathogenicity reside outside of S.

So where is he lying?

Having pointed this out, we're now in the wrong forum to discuss COVID and its manupulation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,835 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'll never understand what people see in the deceitful grifter.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

See answer already provided for the test subjects, the K18-hACE2 mice, and the fact that ancestral SARS-CoV-2 had 100% mortality in them.

Now misrepresenting a study may not be lying in your book, but without giving the context that the study was in mice deliberately altered to be extra susceptible to the virus, that they were giving very high initial doses and that all such mice died when infected with the original virus is in effect lying. Leaving those unwilling to check the facts with the impression that they had created a virus with 80% mortality. This was the lie spread by Dr John and others.

The study itself is fine because it has references, notes and details, such as the use of the K18-hACE2 mice. The paper was not written to be published independent of these details but as part of the overall body of work on the subject. In attempting to distill the meaning of such studies for the general public, the presenter should always understand the full context in which the study was completed. Dr John did not do that. Went straight to the sensational for views and relevance. I suspect this is because he is both unable to critically assess such studies and unable to give up his tiny bit of fame

I stumbled across this thread a few days back and dismissed it as nonsense. It gives me great pleasure to it moved to the conspiracy forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I see the liars are back Ted.

Proper order to move it to the fictional writing forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Or could it be that maybe a what, 70 year old retired nurse set up a Youtube channel to help people navigate the pandemic by rigourously posting an unbiased opinion based on the medical data and info available to him? I mean this guy was totally provax at the start, and it seems to me that part of why he set up the channel was to counter antivax narrative or at least separate fact from fiction.

The man has simply looked at the data, looked at the medical advice, looked at potential alternatives to vaccines ( as one should in a deadly worldwide pandemic, any weapon welcome) and looked at some of the disturbing new health trends that have emerged since covid and vaccines have appeared ( increases in excess deaths among young people, myocarditis, miscarriages).

It has been so interesting to see him, very slowly at first, start to question some of the decisions that have been taken at the highest echelons. For example, how the scottish medical big wigs don't think that the vaccination status of mothers who have had miscarriages is worth investigating for fear of undermining trust in vaccines. Theres something killing infants at much higher rates in Scotland for the last 18 months or so but apparently vaccines are not going to be brought in for questioning and doctors will remain baffled.

He has to be one of the best informed people on the planet right now as regards this stuff - he has to be or YouTube would ban him. Its pretty much consumed his life for 2.5 years but you guys, as always, know better. Its been amazing to see the scales slowly fall from his eyes as he watches the medical establishment basically operate not on the principle of doing everything they can to save lives, but to doing everything they can to offer vaccines as the only game in town and then remain deperately blind and baffled to the myriad new disturbing health trends that seem to correspond exactly to when and where these were introduced.

Now if he was a grifter why not go after the huge provax majority rather than the anti vax fringe? You think he brought all these people on board just to slowly steer them towards the antivax side so he could then profit and I don't know buy himself a better set of golf clubs? And you call us conspiracy theorists? 🤣

The man has just tried to follow Truth. And he has day by day, video by video, inched more and more to where us nutjobs have been for the last 30 months.

• Advertisement

For example, how the scottish medical big wigs don't think that the vaccination status of mothers who have had miscarriages is worth investigating for fear of undermining trust in vaccines.

This is a disgusting comment, you were brought up on this on the pregnancy forum over a year ago and ran away and still here on CT prattling on about it.

Time will tell whether, his interpretations of all the data he has examined over the past couple of years prove to be correct or not, so far, he has been far more correct that most other "professionals".

From encouraging everyone to get vaccinated, to questioning the side affects caused by the method of injection , to questioning the unexplained increase in deaths in otherwise healthy people.

Far too many seen to have blinkers on with this kind of investigation into what was pushed so hard by so many as the "one size fits all" solution, something that Doctors never normally do when treating patients.

Do you think he is right to follow up on why this MEP has a redacted copy of the contract signed for the vaccines by the EU

Wow it seems i have a stalker I'm blushing. I did not run away. I turned away shaking my head in sadness as it was clear there was nothing I could do to stop them.

I warned that there was no long term data on these vaccines for normal adults, certainly not for pregnant women or fetuses. How could there have been? They were only out maybe six months at that point. Yet they were being told they were perfectly safe despite not a single vaccinated woman having ever carried a baby to term by that point from conception to birth. Zero studies on in vitro effects on the fetus, zero on the mother. Pfizer of course had excluded them in their trials if I remember correctly, its hard to keep up with who committed which crimes against proper research donchano.

Any reasonable person would have come to the same conclusion I did if they just looked at those facts, never mind the criminal histories of some of the Pharma companies or the complete lack of track record of others.

I tried to warn them for the sake of not potentially sharing the same fate as these Scottish women and that's disgusting? Man I'd hate to see what you think is peachy keen.

"We do not have any plans to examine maternal vaccination status as there is no public health reason to do so".

These are the words of the PHS in Scotland. Now if a sudden alarming trend in medicine kicks off, wouldn't it be normal to look at what might have changed around that time? There are two main things that changed, Covid came to town, and the Vaccines came to town. Now I'm not saying its the Vaccines, but their lack of curiosity is completely unforgiveable. I would have thought not only the vaccination status but also how many times they had been infected with covid, whether they had covid during the pregnancy, before the pregnancy whether they had been vaccinated during pregnancy, to establish if there might be a link. They're definitely not questioning one suspect ( vaccines) and I can't tell if they are even questioning the other (covid).

Its such an obvious line of enquiry that the fact they are not pursuing it is entirely suspicious. Like a police officer who knows the crime will lead back to a colleague of superior so they leave it unsolved.

From an anecdotal point of view, one of my friends works in Holles St and she said they were seeing miscarriages the likes of which they had never seen before. Nectrotic miscarriages. Horrific stuff that I so "callously" tried to stop some women from experiencing. Her view was that it was both the vaccines AND covid.

Would be good to know for certain one way or the other, i would have thought. Shame noone is taking on the case and further horrifc tragedy is inevitable

Nutters are all out this evening posting baseless horsesh*te. Maybe once they would back up a claim with something approving evidence. And the are still not even acknowledgeming that the study in question on the thread doesn’t even say what they thing it says. Sad to see people glory in their own ignorance

I don't think I claimed anything in my last post. I simply set out that the PHS, the Scottish health service has seemingly no plans to investigate the vaccination status of the mothers who had lost babies in the middle of a large upswing in miscarriages that coincides time wise with the arrival of covid and vaccinations . I just asked a question as to why that might be? Does that make me a nutter? You must interact solely with some extremely mental stable cohort of society in that case. Lucky you

What would you do then, detective, if you were given the job of finding the cause? What would you investigate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Maybe they're not looking good into because there's nothing to link it to the vaccines. (If it exists in the first place)

There's been intense scrutiny of the vaccines for any kind of negative effect and it's not possible that such an effect would be unnoticed by now.

Unless you are of course suggesting such information is being covered up which firmly plants the topic in conspiracy theories.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stop the scaremongering. Your speculation is totally inappropriate and there has been nothing to suggest such adverse effects. Any more of this and you will be threadbanned. Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Any chance of actually data of a massive increase of miscarriages other then my friend told me.

EDIT SORRY @Beasty did not see your warning

In relation to deaths why is it only excess death = covid deaths. Yes the person may have died in 2020 but who knows and getting covid might have quickened that up it does not matter if its days, months or years. It be like a person who had x amount to leave due to say cancerdies in a car accident but saying no they won have died anyway so they died of cancer and not a car accident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭weisses

You are spouting nonsense ... Campbell said A failure to aspirate might cause a IM injection becoming an IV injection which in return might lead to myocarditis etc.. (as was shown in a study with mice)

I know what to take with a grain of salt and its not what Dr Campbell is stating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

If Wuhan was a genuine lab leak, we shouldn't be doing this again at trying to improve the statistics of the kill rate. It doesn't matter what type of experiments are being conducted, accidents always happen and people can still be infected with the virus. When things are forced into conspiracy, you can do whatever you wish. Some scientists' madness has not really changed despite the lockdowns. 

Although 80 to 100 percent of mice died as a result of the new strain developed? What actual nonsense here? That strain got out and potentially infected humans, and we don't know the consequences? Omicron strain did nothing to mice from what i gather but they messed around and new strain was rapidly killing off the mice. Thats the complaints we experimenting with relatively mild omicron virus to make it stronger and deadlier. Thats a concern

Sites visited by debunkers. Don't believe it?

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/10/scicheck-social-media-claims-misrepresent-boston-u-study-of-what-causes-severity-of-covid-19-strains/

(fact)"They conducted a study that combined the spike protein from the omicron variant with the genome of the strain that circulated in Washington state in early 2020. The hybrid virus killed 80% of the mice used in the experiment. Researchers compared that with the effect of the unaltered Washington strain on another set of mice; it killed 100% of them. The unaltered omicron strain killed none of the mice on which it was tested"

Debunker logic

"But claims that distort the study’s findings have flooded social media, suggesting that the lab engineered a particularly dangerous variant of the virus and potentially leading people to wrongly believe the study found 80% of humans could be killed by it"

What's wrong with this fact checking is admitting that this new strain killed mice while omicron didn't. However, try to blame people on social media for being concerned. This is typical language of debunkers until the time is too late. Is it really worth finding out if it kills humans at 80 percent? Even though it is unclear what this new strain will do to humans, concerns should never be dismissed. 

I'm amazed at the page you've linked to defend your point

To highlight that part of the accused conspiracy is true, I gave a different perspective. You dont understand that on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement