Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Smart Meter - Missing Readings

Options
  • 23-10-2022 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Is anyone else missing loads of day's readings on their new smart meters? 11 days' missing readings so far in Oct, 6 or 7 missing days last month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Yes, Electric Ireland are dreadful for that. I had the same problem all last year. Contacted them numerous times and they did nothing about it. I would get a message back after 10 days to say they would forward the query to the IT team and then no reply after that. Paying so much money for electricity you would expect some customer service. They were appalling. I couldn't wait to be shut of them. Switched to Bord Gais and everything works perfectly, I've had no bother whatsoever and funnily enough, even though the cost per unit has gone up my bill has come down substantially, makes me wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Do you think EI went into your house at night and secretly switched on loads of appliances for a bit of fun?

EI, Bord Gais, SSE etc are simply billing names. ESB networks transmits the electricity no matter who you are with, they also manage the meters.

Latest bill is lower because temperatures have been mild and most of us are more mindful of unnecessary use. My latest bill was also lower than the previous month and I didn't change supplier, but made some changes to usage.

Thermodynamics also come into play as the ground water coming into the house is warmest in September at up to 15 degrees and current mild weather has seen that sustained into October. It can fall as low as 6 degrees in the winter/early spring. In terms of boiling a kettle, to go from 6 degrees to boiling takes 15% more power than going from 15 degrees to boiling.

Advertisement