Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer process

Options
  • 24-10-2022 12:41pm

I'm going to sell some commonage in the new year, what's the process with auctioneers, fee's etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Ring a few and see which you feel most comfortable with.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Look and see what auctioneers seems to be doing most in your area as they will know whats happening and would probably be the best to go with. As I am sure you are aware some Auctioneers are better to deal with than others. They are a profession I would have a bit of dealing with through work and I fine most of them aren't as clever as they would like you to believe they are and can be a bit tricky. There will be the initial fee for advertising the property, initial set up, Sign on the property, advertising on Daft, possible advertisement in newspapers, OS maps and the likes €400 - €800 should cover all that. Then the auctioneer will charge a commission on the sale price of property, something between 1.5% and 2% of the sale price depending on the expected sale price, the higher the sale price the lower the % fee may be. Or they may work on a fixed price, anything between €1k -€2.5K, all fees will be plus VAT, there is anti money laundering documentation to be signed as well. All this should be agreed before you appoint the auctioneer. You should also stipulate that if the sale isn't completed within 6 / 12 months that you have the right to remove them as agent without the payment of any fees.

Post edited by Anto_Meath on

Thanks, had a meeting with an auctioneer this morning which went well 👍️

Advertisement