Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Rottweiler in Tyrrlestown village

• 24-10-2022 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Not sure where to post this but...

There's a loose Rottweiler roaming around Tyrrlestown village, red bandana, long tail.

Never seen it before so seems like it escaped its owner and was lost.

I was walking my dog (on lead) near the red dog poop bin about 1:10pm and it ran over to us.

Thank you to the passerby who beeped his horn repeatedly to try distract it from us!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Did you flag it with the Gardai too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Gardai, DSPCA, local vets, whoever has the contract for the Pound in that LA and worth getting onto the likes of Lors Lost Dog Page on Facebook, posting on Twitter, etc.

Definitely sounds like someone's lost pet and Rottweiler doesn't in any way equal dangerous/vicious, obviously. Hope he gets reunited safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

I didn't think the guards would be bothered... But I'll head back up that way now and if I see it again I'll call the above (thanks)

*Definitely wasn't dangerous or vicious if anything my dog would have caused a fight so I moved away quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

this is why all dogs need to have a collar with contact details.

a microchip alone is insufficient, as you need a scanner to read the chip. and if the vet is closed youre stuck.

ive found a stray dog, with a microchip, but no numbered collar. and long story short, the vet was closed, and that dog died before it could be repatriated.

which is why i harp on about it. a €4 collar with a phone number could have saved the little guy. available online 24/7, delivered right to your door.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I would think with what happened to that young boy in Enniscorthy who was mauled by that dangerous dog, that the sighting of a stray Rottie or any other type of large powerful dog in a residential area with children would warrant an immediate reporting to both the Gardai amd the dog warden/DSPCA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement