Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO will not lay cables.

Options
  • 24-10-2022 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello...

We bought a new build in KIldare and it came set up with Virgin media.

We wanted to switch to vodafone but when SIRO came to run the cables in the duct was blocked. I got in touch with the the company that built the estate as it has not been handed over to KCC yet. They approved for SIRO to do the work to unblock the duct but specified that it needed to be returned to a certain standard as if not KCC will not take charge of the estate. Note: this only impacts my hours. The others have no issues switching providers.

Here is the crux of the issue... SIRO have said that it is not commercially viable for them to do the work as per the developers instructions. The developers have said there was no issue when the laid the ducting as ESB got their wires through. Now I am in a position where I cannot get any other services into my house apart from Virgin.

Can somebody point me in the right direction to get this resolved? I can't be stuck with Virgin for life.. What happens if teh go out of business. Also, they are bloody expensive and I should have the right to change providers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement