Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable spotify player for a younger child

Options
  • 24-10-2022 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭

Our 8 year old is into her music and id like to get her her own spotify player but she is too young for a phone. What is the default device in this scenario for people?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

A small tablet? an old ipod touch (if you can find one) or something like Sony's nw-a105. There's not much demand for what you're looking for really but you could look into what the smartwatch options could be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭sekond

We struggled to find similar for our daughter at a slightly older age. In the end we allowed her use of a fairly well locked-down tablet (took nearly every app off it other than spotify). We had given her use of an ancient ipod touch and another music player with music loaded on to it, but it wasn't as intuitive as spotify, so we finally gave her the old tablet.

She's 11 now, and still doesn't have a phone and is still obsessed with music - she has an echo dot in her room which is almost constantly playing music, and mostly takes control of my phone in the car to control music when she is with me. The old tablet only tends to come out now on long journeys and/or when I can't handle her music anymore and want her to use headphones!

Advertisement