Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level Lock+ (Installing a US-made smart lock into an Irish Multipoint locking door?)

• 25-10-2022 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

So, first of all be gentle, I'm new to home automation and smart home stuff.

Here are a couple of photos of my door, sorry they're sideways, no idea why. Anyway . . . I really like the look of the new Apple HomeKit compatible Level Lock Plus device that is now for sale on the US Apple website (but not yet in the Irish one.) and I'd like to order one and fit it to my front door. We're an apple house so everyone has either iPhones or both an iPhone and an Apple Watch, so a system based on that seems to make sense.

This is it: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HQ3L2ZM/A/level-lock-with-home-key-support-satin-nickel

But my recently fitted front door is a composite door, with a Yale Mantis multipoint locking system, and it looks quite different to the systems the Level Plus is meant for. Has anyone got any experience fitting smart locks to Irish doors?

For example, my hope/suspicion is that the Level Plus will just replace the barrel of the main lock, and not the mechanism in my door that operates the six or seven locks that stretch up the side of the door and interact with the frame. Is that likely to be correct?

Level has a page specifically addressing different kinds of lock compatibility, but I'm not sure which one I have, mostly because I'm not familiar with the terminology: https://level.co/support/compatibility-guide

It asks you if you have a Standard Deadbolt, Low Profile, Tubular, Interlocking or Mortise Lock. Anyone know from looking which I have?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

Advertisement