Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeline for AIP/News from Bank?

Options
  • 25-10-2022 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

Firstly excuse the naivety on this one but I have a high level question.

For context in recent weeks I've been informed that a house (which I very much like) is going to be going up for sale in the not so distance future (this year). I had no real plans to enter the market this year as my wife and I were going to begin the process in 2023. However when we heard that this particular house was being put up for sale we had a decision to make.

So......fast forward a few weeks and we've been dealing with an astute broker who has submitted our mortgage application to the bank.

I guess that's my question then, is there a rough timeline as to when we might get a response from the bank? What happens next? In an ideal world I would love to have something solid to go with from the bank asap so as to approach the sellers privately as I know the asking price, to prevent a bidding battle.

Advertisement