Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus RTPI & Home Assistant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

Waking this thread up because I think this is getting closer to what we were all looking for.
    If you're using HACS, this repository is working properly with current Irish GTFS2 Data.
    I've set up sensors for train timetables with a few clicks and Dublin Bus is being processed now.
    I haven't got Realtime added yet myself, but mostly because it's a really big file to upload and I might have to scp it up directly at a later date. I don't have enough time for this level of tinkering with it this week!

https://github.com/vingerha/gtfs2/wiki vingerha/gtfs2

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackod20

Hi,

Been using the Irish Rail integration just fine,just wondering where you eventually able to add realtime information for both modes of transport, rail and bus using GTFS2?

I am able to get the GTFS_Realtime.zip into HA and have added it as a data source for GTFS2, I am able to setup a stop using the route and end destination however I cant get realtime information,

I have signed up to the NTA however I dunno where to find the API key and URL

The HA community in Ireland is small but shes growing fast through word of mouth

Post edited by Jackod20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

Not yet.😀 Still a bit swamped.

My first step will be to remove all of the sources I set up first time around using file uploads and base them on URLs.
    I think that will be easier to keep up to date or fix errors. I've also looked at something called pro.gtfs I must get back to.
    It's a catalog of cleaned up datasets. I'll try to remember to post back here if I come across the URL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackod20

I just came across this custom addon, I cant post links but its "https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-addon-transport-for-ireland/620208" , its fairly resource intensive and he claims to be able to trains but i wasnt able to find out how too, I was able to use the Irish Rail by adding it to the configuration.yaml file, id like a solution that does both but for now I will stick with the custom addon and the configuration.yaml file, just need to make the card that is available in the addon with it and i should be okay for now

Advertisement