Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle camera recommendation

Options
  • 25-10-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am asking for bicycle camera recommendations.

Not too expensive, rain resistant and can record an hour of video or loop record.

Commuting today and when squeezing past cars a man accused me of scratching his car. I did not.

He got very confrontational, shouting and trying to grab my bicycle so I moved on. He followed me, breaking lights and swerved in front of me while jumping out of his car, to get me to stop, 500m from where we initially met.

Concerned I will meet him again if he is on my commute route so would like some way of capturing any interactions in future.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Drift Sleath has a loop function but so will most, you just have to google. Whats your budget would make a recommendation easier. As for someone trying to grab your bike, bring his license plate and description to your local station and report him. Even if you did hit him, assault is assault. Report it now and get it on the record, even if nothing happens, just in case he does go for you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alannoone

Thank you for the recommendation. The stealth 2 seems to be discontinued, all I can see for sale is the drift ghost.

My budget is as little as I can spend, it's an expense I did not expect to have this month.

I do not have his registration unfortunately. I was focused on not getting into a physical altercation. I remember the year, make and colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Advertisement