Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think i've mentioned this before , but watching a programme about 9/11 , the USA knew an attack was imminent and allowed it to happen so they had an excuse to go to war . Its so well accepted its not even controversial

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

They had high threat levels pretty much constantly.

If 9/11 was intentional in order to justify going to war, it backfired spectacularly as the UN Security Council voted against going to war, but the US did anyway. So what was it all for?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

dont believe it was "allowed" but the aftermath was piggy backed to implement "Project for the New American Century"

It may have backfired or only partially succeeded but that was their plan .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Worst plan ever then. Osama found in Pakistan (supposedly an ally), Iraq and Afghanistan as bad as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

German women are gorgeous and are totally underrated.

They're easily on a par with French, Italian and Spanish women and in my humble opinion give swedish women a damn good run for their money in the looks stakes.

I love German women is the long and the short of it.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Advertisement

Bill Hicks wasn’t funny and wasn’t insightful. A rambling drunken mess of a man whose enduring popularity is a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭pgj2015

If your friends never have money and you do, you are going to end up with no friends. They will resent you for having it and you will end up cutting contact because they can never go anywhere because of the lack of money. sad but very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i reckon the same could be true of jan 6th.

pelosi knew (suspected at the very least) what was coming but didnt call in the national guard cos it would pay political dividends for the dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I think George Michael and Whitney Houston were both completely overrated. I can't think of a single song of theirs that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I think I should get the parachute because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both the parachutes, in case one of them doesn't work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Thank You by Duran Duran was a good album

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭scrotist

Irish people think they're the "best craic ever" but they're actually not. Tonnes of us go abroad each year and come back and say "they're no craic over there bai".

It reminds me of that saying: "If you think everybody is an arsehole, maybe you're the arsehole".

We're a small inbred island at the edge of the Atlantic. Of course French people wouldn't get the "craic" and father ted jokes.

Every country has their own sense of humour. We have our own and it's great. But we're not the best most craic people ever in the world.

Post edited by scrotist on

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Irish people can be boring as fcuk outside the prescribed hobbies of pub/GAA/football.

Also we're not as friendly as we think we are. In fact I reckon we come across as arseholes at times.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

To our public health system, the "public" is a burden, it represents work to people who get paid anyway. And fixing sick people is not good because it just means they live to burden them another day. They would rather treat pain than offer a cure. I will never understand people who think public health is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There was talk of a payment by performance type thing once upon a time.

The private hospitals certainly seem to perform a lot better in truth. Everyone thinks of the US when you say private medicine though. There must be a half way house of privately run,publically funded service.Not a hope in hell of ever changing the current union riddled system however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Not as bad as reviews suggested. Was slated at the time.

White Lines is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

many Irish people’s idea of hilarity is mercilessly slagging other people ( if they show up looking different or make any change of any kind to their lives)and it’s apparently just as fresh the hundredth time, only a dry turd would disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How did Patrick Kielty marry Cat Deely

• Registered Users Posts: 46 g g murpho

Ireland was granted an exemption from taking in refugees so we should’ve used our exemption.

Dublin is an unmitigated shᎥthole.

I got the train to Connolly and when I walked along towards O’Connell Street the place was in rag order.

A massive clean up of the place and “dealing with” certain people is massively needed.

• Advertisement

Irish citizens and CTA citizens should come ahead of foreigners when seeking social housing.

People who are currently working should be next.

and way down the line should be people who never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

There are certain life skills that shoud be taught in school.

Cooking.

Money Management.

Coding should be available to those with the aptitude.

In my view, these are way more useful that learning Irish and certain apects of other subjects..

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

To be fair ''work'' is a burden on most public sector employees in Ireland. Few complain more about what their actual job is. Gurads, nurses, teachers etc

Gardaí and nurses are under paid and over worked.

Most teachers need a swift kick up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Gurads arent on bad money and they get a lot of time off, I have a relative in the Gurads and he is always off on holidays, I wish I had the holidays he gets. he always gets 4 days off in row after working a few days, and sometimes I have seen him be off for a month.

he is overworked but so am I, im self employed but I only had 2 days off up until the 18th may this year from January the 1st.

I still wouldn’t do their job.

Traffic Corps have it handy.

On the beat gardaí deserve danger money

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭danfrancisco83

I think the Tathony house crowd should find other accommodation if they've been served notice to quit. It was bought fair and square. And I think yer man that's been on a perpetual FAS course should get a real job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭suvigirl

You should apply because you seem to have a big draw to AGS, you're always posting about them.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There's a line between "the craic"(TM) and "being an arsehole" and lots of Irish people don't know where that line is.

Advertisement