Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

I never said he had to surrender. Getting the Americans involved was the smartest thing he did, appealing to the EU was a great move too. He now has ultra modern weapons whereas in 2014 Ukraine lost territory because they were using extremely outdated equipement, and also safe countries to offload women and children and men he allowed to leave.

The difference between a leader/hero and a tyrant is forcing versus following.

Leaders are followed, tyrants force.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ukrainian men(18-60) have fled the Country thats ok if they that is what they really want BUT they shouldn't think they can head home to Ukraine once the war is over. Can you imagine what the men who stayed to fight would think of those men who left the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Messi's better than Ronaldo !

The debate's /over (for me) ☺️🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

They didn’t get a mandate from the electorate - they cobbled a ‘you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours’ as seen by yesterdays farce in an effort to keep themselves in power a few more years. If they cared about you and me they would have bought Mary Lou in as Tanaiste and showed the SF TD’s how its done. That way we would have seen if SF could do the job and if they could make it on the international stage. SF will get in some day soon and it would have been better for us if they had had some training before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Derek Warfield backing the Argentine soccer song lyrics. What do the RA and the then Argentinian military dictatorship have in common? They were great at disappearing people.

However **** Thatcher was she couldnt hold a candle to the murdering pieces of **** who ran the show in Argentina then.

• Advertisement

I don't think wanting the monarchy abolished is a controversial opinion, but not seeing what's so terrible about Meghan kinda is.

The hatred of her, the abuse... it's absolutely deranged. And it's disturbing and grim. And what are the exact reasons for this? Not stuff the rag newspapers just said based on "a source", but concrete reasons? In my opinion there aren't any, and it's just a bandwagon. Of people just loving venting spleen - like the Two Minutes' Hate in Nineteen Eighty Four. It cannot be healthy/sane. I don't think it's because she's a woman (well not TOTALLY anyway) or mixed race - she looks white - but I do think being American (rather than an English rose) and a divorcee and "commoner" don't help. The absolute viciousness of the abuse, the way it's so blatantly whipped up by the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sun - people wanting to believe any auld shoite, and the way stuff is made up about the tiniest things she does (e.g. a completely blank expression being deemed a smirk) what the fuq is wrong with those maniacs? The mentally challenged/unstable and stupid need a hate figure.

I'm talking about the hatred now, not merely disliking her (although I don't get why people care enough about who she is, to even dislike her - and again, what's the dislike based on? Actual facts that is).

People say she is this way and that way... I've never even heard her voice.

And utter cunce like Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson prove their point about abuse from the press.

Virtually no criticism of Andy then. Absolutely evil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Abolishing the monarchy doesn't seem to be talked about or advocated in the press at all.

My Twitter feed is full of well-poisoning and deranged ranting about her. I don't follow the Jeremy Clarkson types at all which makes it all the more surprising. I'm convinced it's solely about her race. I can't find any other explanation. Her being American shouldn't be an issue when you consider how much the political establishment here gushes about the alleged special relationship between the UK and the US.

I did the queue thing for the Queen's death and I'd to keep my mouth shut whenever her name entered the conversation. It's just gone that way.

The Prince Andrew thing just sort of proves the point. If I were a conspiracist, I'd say she's being trotted out as a scapegoat so that people forget about him. He embodies perfectly why it's a disgusting institution and needs to be done away with.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I'm not trying to downplay racism but, while her being mixed race doesn't help, I think she'd be a hate figure no matter what. The gutter press need to fill a Wallis Simpson shaped hole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just don't see a white woman getting the same levels of hatred. I just don't see it. The Shire Tory types chose Liz Truss, a woman who lost a contest to a vegetable over Rishi Sunak who could then only become leader by running unopposed.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

I wouldn't go near the harry and Meghan thread if I was you.

• Advertisement

I did when the queen died. Absolute psychosis in there. Very unhappy, bitter people. And they could barely contain their rage at my audacity to question their unhinged hatred. "Oh her PR team" kinda originality. Can't be someone simply disagreeing with them, has to be her PR rep.

These are Irish people obsessed with, and deeply hate-filled towards, the wife of the son of the monarch of another country. Utterly sad.

So, it's exactly as expected then.

I've no idea what it is that turns people into banal vessels of hatred towards people on welfare, foreigners and now, some American woman who married the son of one of the wealthiest people in the world.

H. H. Asquith

It isn't just right-wingers though - it's people of varying political hues.

My dad was complaining about her today... and when I asked for concrete reasons:

I said she's about my age, think of what it would be like if she was his daughter. He just trailed off mumbling and changed the subject. 🙄😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I really dont like friends the tv show. I dont find Americans that funny in general. I prefer irish or dare I say brittish comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

there are 2 genders.

male and female.

There is also a load of mental Illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I just came back from the shop

*muffled laughter*

Did you buy the tomatoes? You know I love tomatoes

laughter

Yeah I guess you could say I'm a tomato guy

*uproarious laughter*

Seriously, look up YouTube videos of friends/Big bang theory/two and a half men etc etc without laugh track, it's pathetic

American standup is tedious corporate nonsense. It's very safe and anodyne. I like Friends but felt like it jumped the shark when Monica and Chandler got together.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thegame983

This board is incredibly toxic. Every thread is full of bickering. It's quite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Late night controversial opinion:

Biden is far more pervy and rapey than Trump ever was, you can literally watch vids of him groping literal children on youtube, on front of their parents. But SOMEHOW his voters and of course RTÉ will never ever mention this, when they couldn't get enough of bashing Trump for his past treatment of women.

Obligatory "I'm no fan of Trump either" because y'all cant seem to understand the concept of not taking sides.

Not much in the way of controversial here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She could be Taoiseach tomorrow if she could gather enough votes for a Dail vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If Qatar had hosted anything other than a world cup or maybe an Olympics, it would have the sh1t cancelled out of it.

Mass appeal trumps moral scruples.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There’s unprecedented building going on right now , if they f u and sin fein take over they will get all that praise 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

It does indeed, it's all about power and money. Same in this country, the likes of..... ..... all for............ and ....

Show me the money..... No mun no fun....

It's amazing what great big wodges of cash can do to make problems go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

In fairness to Sleepy Joe , the man is senile, he frequently reaches out to shake the hand of ghosts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

China hosted the 2008 Olympics , it’s every bit as oppressive

Advertisement