Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Many people are just born with difficult personalities, I’ve two kids who grew up in identical circumstances, one is the easiest child you can imagine, the other is extremely challenging in every conceivable way

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭17togo

King crisps are nicer than Tayto! 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Greyfox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No Tayto are nicer than any of the fancy Keoghs or McDonnells kettle type chips. The latter are too complex of flavour, too filling too quickly. The simplicity of a Tayto makes it the ideal mindless munch.

It may be a middle of the road crisp but its the daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tayto aren't salty enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Tayto also make King, so the actual crisp is still the same, just slightly different flavourings used I believe. I reckon Lays is beating them though, Tayto don't do a decent paprika flavour. The quality of Pringles are about as dependable as Google actually answering your question these days. Sometimes they're too hard, other times there's air in them... thrown together, tis a shambles Ted.

It's why I usually end up with the glue creating, nowhere near as good as they used to be Chickatees/Wheelies/Snax multipack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Whoever came up with CHEESE and ONION as a flavour for fried potatoes must have been stoned out of their box.

I mean, if stoners know one thing, it's what makes a good munch. They were bang on with cheese and onion. I ate cheese and onion taytos before I ever ate actual onion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Is a piece of music not music just because you don't like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I can't really taste any cheese or onion from cheese and onion crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

The state of Israel should close down it's International Tourism Department.

Except for the religious denominations visiting "The Holy Land" I see no reason why Israel is an inviting global Tourism Destination for the rest of us given the open barbarity and brutality of their own armed forces dealing with neighbouring states.

Exactly! That's why it works. It's a suggestion, rather than actual flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Irelands women soccer team will be hammered in all their world cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Maybe but they only need to draw one game and it would be better than what the mens team would do at the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

And their exploits will dare not be criticised as for women's sports national media around the world turns into North Korean style reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who do not look after their health despite being advised to by doctors, family, etc, and not having mental health complications where they cannot think rationally are incredibly selfish, childlike and lazy.

I'm not talking about occasional recklessness, but people who go out of their way to ignore simple advice that is everywhere and easily found. Or people in their teens and twenties. I'm talking about people who are fully grown up and are fully aware.

They cost the country a huge amount of money due to medical bills and lost productivity.

They force others to care for them and give up their time and futures. They cause worry, stress and financial difficulty on their families.

They redirect scarce and expensive medical help and medications from those who really need it to themselves.

It's a huge problem. And it's seen as a personal issue when it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

Britney Spears was much better off and far more stable when her father was in charge of things.

This could be undiagnosed ADHD as well. In a lot of cases forgetting to look after your health, keep appointments, unable to build habits etc, are all symptoms of ADHD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The parents were Trailer Park grifters from what I've read.

I have a feeling she's well off without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I started the post stating people without mental health conditions that prevent them from thinking rationally...

but yes, there must be an underlying mental health condition as to why someone would put themselves, their family and society through such pain.

Also, good physical health is seen as something you have to strive hard for or pay for when often it only needs regular light exercise and calorie reduction.

Also, alcohol, even moderate amounts, reduced people's ability to think rationally, reduces their metabolism and increases depression and anxiety.

yup.

I speak from experience too.

Undiagnosed ADHD led to me not seeing a doctor for 13 years, until I had a heart attack at 40. If I had regular check ups, my cholesterol levels would have been noticed and the heart attack may have been prevented. Now it’s a lifetime of meds.

I also found out that my smoking was basically stimming. A way to get rid of my nervous energy. I’ve been off the fags for nearly 3 years now.

I always thought I was pretty physically fit as I would walk everywhere, at least 5 miles a day.

Tldr: As soon as you turn 30, you should make an annual check up with your doctor and dentist a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I genuinely think they'll have as poor a campaign as the men did in Euro 2012. And they won't be criticised at all to the same extent.

That 'outbelieve' slogan is silly too- it's almost counter intuitive. We have to 'believe' more than anyone else because we certainly don't have the talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

People who claim to be 'normal, well adjusted' are anything but, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

Very cynical.

What you seem to have missed is that their relentless pursuit knows no bounds as they defy barriers and push the limits, paving the way for the next generation, inspiring them to dream bigger and reach higher.

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Probably upset a few Potter heads here. I dunno, I think HP is objectively ****. **** prose, **** plot, **** pacing. Lots of others (who actually read beyond HP) do too. But hey, this is my controversial opinion. I honestly don't care what you think and I'm not going to defend it beyond the points above because... controversial opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

if i were a bookie, and it were 'allowed' , fkd up as it seems, i'd be offering no more than 4/1 for Begum to win Peace Prize in next 5yrs

that's how messed up the world of today is

a known terrorist - don't follow the jihadi much, but last (in last wk/ten days) i heard she were doing another interview or summat, likely in an effort to rehabilitate the British born terrorist in the eyes of the public - might well be in line for an Arthur nod at some stage, cos that's the sorta world we live in nowadays 😪😢😂

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭waywill1966

I prefer galaxy over dairy milk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Suckler

People in relationships with violent career criminals get zero sympathy from me when their partners inevitably turn on them.

They enable, flaunt and wallow in the lifestyle. When the inevitable happens they feign shock and play the victim. They knew who their partners were, were impressed by and drawn to that life. They were happy to see others on the end their partners violence/malevolence.

Usual - 'fell in with bad crowd' defense ensues.

Edit: Not just partners either - This isn't the first time this has happened; painted as a tragedy but truth be told it could've been either one of them in each roll.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-pleads-guilty-after-luring-friend-to-country-lane-and-shooting-him-in-execution-style-murder/a826585966.html

Post edited by Suckler on

Advertisement