Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Justice (Incitement to Violence or Hatred and Hate Offences) Bill 2022 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭freebritney

Can you point out or name a few of the far right scum you keep ranting on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I know, the more people we can get cowering in fear the better. This will really make a lot of things run smoother in this country when people are afraid to voice unpopular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭lmao10

I'm just happy that these scumbags are causing the advancement of this legislation through pretty quickly, thanks to them being scum. It won't be long now until it's gone through and being enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Absolutely. I just hope the gardai have the ability to act on this immediately and really start putting fear into people. It'll be great to get people scared and I think it will be important to encourage the good honest people in our society to inform the authorities on those we suspect of failing foul of this. We will all need to do our part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭lmao10

Great to see action is going to be taken on the scum. There is no other choice now. Put these scumbags behind bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Section 13 of the Hate Speech Bill means that managers and executives could face charges for a hate offense IF AN EMPLOYEE is found guilty of such an offense (e.g., hate speech or possession of hateful material).

Thanks to Matheson and their analysis of the legislation I would have missed it. Have a read. Its f*cking mad

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

Anyone in favour of such laughably blatant censorship, a censorship only made necessary due to an increasingly undeniable corruption and misrepresentation, is either a brain dead shuckster or a profiteering rat with notions.

Simple enough, really.

Akin to welding an extra plate of metal to a pressure cooker about to explode, all it will result in is a even greater and deadlier explosion later.

It'll no doubt pass. And later it will no doubt explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You have to wonder about this shoddy government. They have destroyed the housing market - utterly destroyed it, the health system is an runaway shambles every year and only getting worse, they are making no progress on the environment including cleaning up our waterways and yet they prioritise this piece of legislation. Makes no sense.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

To the contrary, it is not just sensible, it is perfectly sensible.

Consider the housing crisis alone. Year after year, not enough housing. Year after year,more migration allowed. Once is a mistake. Consistency over many, many years is a policy.

That overcapacity increases profitability through sheer artificial scarcity, simple.

That such pressure on a society results in other crises and resultant lashback is also simple.

That the profiteers would seek to quell and censor that growing lashback is simpler still. Hence this legislation.

This is all supremely easy to understand.

Consider these canaries in the coalmine below, just a couple of articles alone. The corruption is staring us in the face, so OF COURSE they want to usher in censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its all they are interested in, introducing unnecessary and deeply flawed legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Hmmm a lot of the authoritarian cheerleaders are hoping for it to be true, but are also incapable of comprehending how what they are wishing for could be done to them when the next head that's elected down the line. What's funnier is the Gardaí have denied a report by Paul Healy in the Irish Mirror pushd by many, which claimed that Conor McGregor is being officially investigated for incitement to hatred. A Garda spokesperson told Gript that “a formal criminal investigation has not commenced in respect of any individual, or group of individuals at this time.” Sunday's London Times first reported that McGregor was being 'assessed' as part of a Garda inquiry into the dissemination of 'online hate speech'.

As said above, this is all easily, I cannot overstate the ease, to which all the dots are connected.

It is all, every last single bit, for the sake of protecting the migration economics which is disastrous for society, and mega profitable for those who JUST SO HAPPEN to be pulling the strings on introducing censorship on anything remotely critical of that same migration economy.

Anyone in favour of this BS, it'd be mighty interesting to trace their connections to money and migration. Landlords, politicians, certain NGO groups, vulture funds, vested MNC et al.

It'll all come out in the end, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is going to rock the Republic like never in its history such is the obvious corruption swelling beneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Any one who has come to the juvenile conclusion that Ireland is anti Israel and not anti Israeli policy is probably best left waddling in their little pool of simplicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

The idea that this hate speech legislation could be misused is tinfoil hat territory, the only people who need to fear this are people who have something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That's not what Matheson is saying though.

The company could be found guilty if the offence was carried out to benefit the company.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I always chuckle at this take, tinfoil hat territory for someone to be accused of "hate speech" when they just voice a different opinion to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think that's quite naive. You don't know how future jurisdictions will operate or utilise these laws.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

And just to remind the rabid minded in here, we have existing legislation to cover what happened in Dublin last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If only I had thought to argue that all the skangers in Dublin are far right scumbags, cudda had the city cleaned up years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Ireland is guilty of being juvenile when it comes to Israel. The republican view that Ireland is like Palestine and Israel are The same as the big bad British is a view that has permeated through Irish society.

Not similar at all, but juvenile Irish view is that it is.

• Advertisement

Do we?

What legislation exactly covers people online encouraging people to come out and cause violence because of immigrants?

Can you link to that legislation please?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Not sure what you're angle on this is but throwing in tinfoil hat and all that nonsense just makes your comment irrelevant to the discussion. If you have an angle, some pro point on this then please share it.

Fearing this is not about something to hide, it is about the government controlling free speech and enforcing government views on a public that the public have 0 opportunity to engage in discussion, it is anti democratic.

This is the far right that people should be scared of, its not the far right public, its government pretending to be left but enforcing far right policies on the populace that is obviously an attack on our democracy.

If this does go through, it would be the first time in irish history politics that I would leave the country and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tech mobile and capable of relocating to any EU country quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yeah, Israel as I post this is illegally robbing and bulldozing land in the West Bank and killing Palestinians isn’t the same.

Spare us please. You’re not being “edgy” and “well informed” unlike the juvenile rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

There is something a lot of people around here and in it seems in our parliament appear to forget is that our police force police by consent.

As can be seen in instances like in Leitrim, and before in Clare, ordinary locals are taking it upon themselves to mount roadblocks to protect their communities.

The laughing hyenas like PBP TDs and O'Gorman counter that no one has the right to dictate who lives in their communities.

Well sunshine no one has a fooking right to use small communities around the country as dumping grounds for anyone that rolls into our country.

And the quislings are eventually going to learn this.

If this law comes in you are going to see AGS being used to silence critics, you're in affect trying to create a Stasi type network of informers to grass people up because they may utter a statement counter to official political, NGO and media narrative.

As I said the AGS police by consent.

There is a horrible vista coming down the road and it looks like the gimps shouting for this legislation will not spot it till it slaps them across the face.

All it is going to take is a major incident for city centres and major town centres around Ireland to be burning ala Dublin.

And sooner or later someone is going to spot the AGS simply will not be able to cope with multiple flashpoints.

By then the shinners will probably be in power and they may even try to use their old friends the bully boys to quelle disturbances.

In which case you will have a complete social breakdown in Ireland where police will have to decide are they on the side of a septic government or on the side of the people.

I am not allowed discuss …

I don't care about what your personal views on Israel is. Most people in Ireland think that Ireland and Palestine are somehow the same, and Israel is The same as the big bad Brits.

Most people with a brain in their head wouldn't believe this , but unfortunately that is the way the republican movement wants it. And unfortunately, that's the way most Irish people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A number of angry Fine Gael TDs tonight calling for dole to be cut for those involved last week.

About time. I have been saying for years that would be the single best deterrent they could introduce - an actual punishment.

It should be across the board. If you are on welfare in the state and you are convicted of a crime there should be an automatic reduction in weekly payment.

Tbf, I can speak for some of the people in leitrim, my hometown had a 24 hour vigil, to stop immigrants moving into vacant apartments.

those apartments were never occupied, in 20 years. There was a lot of teenagers starting to hang around there, drinking in the unused car Park.

when the high court embarrassed then enough, and forced them into leaving their protection posts, the asylum seekers moved in.

life goes on, kids go to school ( no matter their nationality or background) the town is good. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Maybe they should be locked up? Rather than useless TD's pontificating about their dole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think it would definitely work as a deterrent. If a scumbag knows giving a randomer a dig is going to result in €20 off their weekly subsistence, for example, even the dumbest of them will think twice.

Not to mention it would incentivise the "parents" as well.

Advertisement