Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB, EBS, Haven: All the same?

• 26-10-2022 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Trying to figure out the similarities/differences between AIB, EBS, and Haven. They're all own by AIB so do they all have the same rates? A quick search on their respective websites and using Bonkers, suggests Haven currently offer a 2.5% green rate while AIB doesn't offer this. So if you're applying for a mortgage, is there any point in applying to all three of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

They all have different terms and conditions. I am no expert and best to talk to a mortgage advisor but like insurance companies you see Banks create a non-brand name company to look after accounts they would not normally take on.

It's all to do with brand names etc. AIB don't want to change the T&Cs they have with all their accounts, so create another company

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I am with EBS and cant move mortgage for reasons. What i found out was when AIB and Haven reduced there rates EBS didnt move. But just lately when AIB group announced they were increasing their rates all 3 increased them by 0.5%. Just something to bear in mind. I luckily fixed a few months ago at 2.75% for 5 years.

Advertisement