Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Account Refusal

• 26-10-2022 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of them refusing to open an account?

Just happened to me today. Have done a GDPR request to try figure out the reason

Post edited by Henry Ford III on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No bank is required to do business with you and since your are not a customer there is no reason for them to hold on to your data, so it should already have be shredded if you were rejected.

A couple of things you can check:

• Your CCR report
    • Do a google to see what information about you is in the public domain: litigation, prosecutions, witness statements, strongly held views that are not main stream and so on.

At account opening they are not likely to go much beyond a quick CCR check and a google. That is unless you are already on a stop list or are associated with anyone who is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Quick google suggests nothing.

I have been refused an ESTA for travel to USA due to lots of backpacking pre kids and never gave them PPS number I dont think

I have done a CCR request

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Use the Revolut Megathread please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement