Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunneling

Options
  • 27-10-2022 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

The plans for the new Dublin Metro line arrived through the letterbox a few weeks ago and it's intended to travel right underneath the building I'm living in. The building is about 120 yrs old and is riddled with cracks, so much so that the back of the house looks like somebody painted lightning on it with all the filler in the cracks.

Is this a cause for concern with this type of tunneling? Is some passenger going to see me and my sofa flying by the tram window some evening?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Port Tunnel runs under Marino and Whitehall without any problem so you should be grand.

Advertisement