Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a good combi drill

• 27-10-2022 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

It's for home diy, to be used to drill holes as well as a driver, my budget would be up to €150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought one of these combi drills for similar usage as you - amature home DIY, about a year ago:

https://www.diy.ie/departments/ryobi-one-18v-2-x-1-5ah-li-ion-brushed-cordless-combi-drill-r18pd3-215sk/4892210187468_BQ.prd

Does exactly as it says on the tin, the second battery is handy as is the carry case. I have a Ryobi sander too which is much older and never gave a day's trouble for the odd job I use it for so was happy to buy the same brand drill. Second battery is handy as is the carry case. Price has gone up a bit since I bought it but if you sign up for the B&Q membership I think you can get a €5 off €30 spend voucher.

If your not pushed about buying local then Amazon have it slightly cheaper with free standard delivery:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18PD3-215GZ-Combi-Drill-Starter/dp/B07YT5HGH3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 billybull999

I have a basically brand new brushless parkside performance drill. I can give you a battery and charger with it. It's really powerful and they're hard enough to find in stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭zg3409

Screwfix has constant sales of drills. If you want hammer action check it has it. The cheaper versions may be brushed so won't survive heavy duty. Often the maximum drill bit size is limited so can be a problem. Ideally you need 2 batteries minimum or it gets very annoying in use. At least with a known brand you should be able to get replacement batteries in 10 years time.

Advertisement