Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually hope they never bring back the Museum map horrible to big for 6V6.

Also I want proper Hardcore back Tier 1 is not the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8 farada

Every goddamn squad I team up with (ramdomers) just **** off doing their own thing and in solo mode the bots are way way op and just like terminators.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

There's a Boards discord on the go,you might be able to find people to play with from that..... https://discord.gg/7bXqZ5CZyg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 farada

Appeared again and almost stuck me with a molotov but I put him down a second time. This is when he decided that he wanted to join our group. COD mod apk justice is harsh however.

The battle pass is a bitch in this game. I'm level 82 but only have 4 zones on the battle pass.

You also have to level up a 0 token before you get to the first useable 1 token.

This is a complete and utter rip off. I used credits I had stored up but definitely won't be getting the battle pass again.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

really? I only play about 30 mins per day, hit my dailies and log off, and I'm 46% complete. I dont see any major change to previous years progression rates.

The only problem i had with tokens was having to restart the game so they would actually show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

That must be a glitch. I don’t play a huge amount but I have got the first free gun and only 4 tokens from the next free gun. I’m only level 50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You probably have this done by now, for others still trying to do this, you don't have to do it in one go.

I acquired the keycard one day, another day I killed a guy who dropped the white lotus intel(grabbed it and exfilled straight away) and then lastly I cleared the stronghold.

Yea that is what i mean by slow, do you.not think you should be further in than that? You're on level 50 so by the old system you'd be 50% through but you've only just scratched the surface.

Heres an example. I got 31 kills, 3 assists, 6 deaths. 5.17 k/d and it gave me just over 1/2 a token. But I got just short.of 2 levels up. If we were on the old xp system I'd be nearly finished the battle pass.

No surprises there's an option to buy tokens.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Having better luck with teammates this week than previously. One thing I've been doing for a laugh is getting $18k, buying an LTV with turret and then going hunting for other squads. Can take out 3 enemies pretty handy if they're not on the ball.

I'm level 100 and 28% through the battle pass. So it's roughly 4x harder than level based battle passes. I feel like I'm missing a point here but it seems pretty clear cut to me.

Its a pity the LTV turret is actually useless against AI, but can decimate teams with ease. makes no sense.

I finished the battlepass weeks ago,I was giving out it was levelling up to quick considering it runs to Feb or something!

Had a dude in the match chat offering 10K for a vintage wine bottle....told him we had 3 and arranged a meet up,after the exchange he wasabout tleave and one of the lads done him,poor lad will have trust issues the rest of his life now 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Completed the raid 2nd try (all crashed to desktop on 1st).

Its not bad or hard but its not gonna trouble Destiny any time soon for mechanics or difficulty.

If you are doing the weekly stars in special ops and have your kits levelled up I would imagine its fairly easy, except for the random juggernauts. The 2 "mechanics" are extremely easy to figure out and do need all 3 players to contribute in some way.

Not bad tho, would like a longer one with more mechanics and less bullet spongey enemies but again high levelled kits would be a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Got it last wk,haven’t played a game in 10 years but MW2 Is brilliant,is there a forum for Irish online players?

This thread is as dead as a dodo, but I'm sure theres a discord group for players around boards somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

If someone is aware of one, I'd appreciate if someone could PM me a discord link.

• Advertisement

I think I hate this game. The sbmm is kicking my ass. Can’t go positive

See season two pushed out to the 15th next month, this season has dragged on I'm level 246 so won't be much left to do once I hit 250. Also scummy move for those who bought the season pass and 50 season pass tokens in that you can't carry them to next season. I tested this by earning the first 50 it wouldn't leave me earn past that so had to use the season pass ones.

Also anyone else who paid good money for the game feel like second class citizens with all the development being pushed into the free to play Warzone. Have to say Warzone is the worse thing to ever happen to Call of Duty imho!

Ya they were chasing the Fortnite money

AFAIK, details of whats coming to MW2 (as opposed to warzone 2) is being published next week.

in fairness to the game, I think I've more than gotten my moneys worth out of it so far, looking at steam, I've about 110 hours played, Campaign finished , I'm around level 3 in the DMZ missions, have gotten a few wins in warzone, have the battle pass completed and I'm level 250. I find I dont play much regular multiplayer anymore apart from levelling up guns in shipment and shoothouse, but I wasn't bowled over with the scorching hate that a lot of the maps seem to be getting.

In terms of things to do, I've barely touched ground war as a gamemode, and I've yet to do the raid, and I'm currently tipping away at leveling my kits in Spec Ops, and I think we're getting a party together at the weekend to tackle Building 21.

All in all, I think its a really solid CoD.

Well I hit level 250 yesterday so thats me done with the game for two weeks. Stupid system they should have stuck with allowing you to rank up your prestige level instead of capping it.

Btw those who play dmz I believe they are wiping all keys and other unlocks you got during season 1.

Yes the game is great value and I enjoyed the campaign. But I've no interest in DMZ or Warzone. Multiplayer is what I buy the game for and I just feel no effort is being put into this mode. We are supposed to celebrate that IW giving us back proper Hardcore mode when it should never have been replaced. Same with the perk system, why change what's not broken? Btw I don't really care about SBMM I like playing players at my level and beating them. I also feel most players are more skilled from watching YouTube and finding what the OP weapons are, so no more Christmas noobs like there used to be in World at War or the original Modern Warfare 2.

Anyway that's just my opinion of the state of my favourite franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah, haven't enjoyed a COD as much in years. I love the iron sight sniping and maps aren't as bad as other years.

Didn't play Vanguard but WWII, MW, Cold War, and AW were all horrible for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Cheers,thanks

Advertisement