Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marathon and road closures.....help!

• 28-10-2022 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi

Myself and my partner and the young un are going to the Van Gogh Exhibition in Artane this Sunday and then on to the zoo. Only problem is none of us thought about the damn marathon. We were hoping to drive from Mullingar to the Expo and park there. But now with the marathon being on, we don't know what route we should be taking to get to Artane.

My geography of Dublin is bloody poor so I could do with some suggestions on routes into Artane and then for busses to the city center and the zoo. Can anyone help a poor culchie out :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Why dont you drive to Artane and park in the Tesco car park which is a large car park and free. Not sure if they have clamping in operation btw.

Then walk down to the Van Gogh exhibition.

Get the 14 bus from Maryfield estate just off the Kilmore Road into Eden Quay.

You can then get a Luas from Abbey Street to Heuston train station and walk to the Zoo which is just off Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park.

Hope this helps. Dublin city marathon is usually no where near Artane, southside usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Drive to the M1 exit of the M50 and head towards the Tunnel and go through Coolock to Artane, then drive to Cabra and park at Tesco. Depending on the Zoo time the park is back open at 1/2pm

• Chapelizod Road - 8:15am to 1:00pm
    • North Circular Road - 8:15am to 2:00pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Thanks guys. Local knowledge makes such a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Ended up driving from Artane to Phoenix Park and got parking 2 mins from the zoo. Traffic wasn't actually too bad in the end up.

Thanks again

Advertisement