Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Structural Engineer Fees

• 28-10-2022 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

I've contacted 7 structural engineering companies in Cork and only one was able to provide a quote as they are all so busy. The one that did reply quoted me the below. Does that look about right? The job is for a small extension to the side of a house. Looking to take away the wall between kitchen and extension which is holding up a 3 story house. Also remove a chimney. Seems a lot to me.

A. Construction Stage

Structural Design € 1200 + VAT (based off an architect drawing)

Drainage Design (Recommend that a CCTV drains test be carried out to map existing drains and determine condition) € 450 + VAT

Part L U-Value check (A BER assessor may be required should the proposed works affect 25% of the floor area of the dwelling) € 450 + VAT

Foundation Design **(Subject to ground conditions on site) € 450 + VAT

Construction drawings (Subject to availability of drawings in CAD format) € 600 + VAT

BCMS Commencement Notice (Opt-Out option if required) € 500 + VAT 

Site Visits (Per Visit) allow for approx. 6 site visits. € 240 + VAT

Snag List € 400

Final Certification € 350 + VAT 

Total: 7k

B. PSDP/PCS Roles (if required)

PSDP € 850 + VAT 

Advertisement