Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding venue ideas? Approx 45 people

Options
  • 28-10-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello!

Looking for ideas for a wedding venue, in or around Dublin for approx 45 guests. Thinking maybe around Christmas time.

Would appreciate any ideas if you have held/viewed/attended any nice venues.

Open to hotels, restaurants etc.

Thanks!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Beaufield Mews might be worth a look. I'm not sure if they're open or do winter weddings but went to a summer wedding and it was very nice with access to the gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭cobham

Ah very sad to report that Beaufield Mews closed a few years ago. It was where we had our wedding for 30 a long time ago. I had to organise another function this summer and was very pleased with a lunch for 20 in a local restaurant and it is closing this weekend. Hunters in Wicklow would be a lovely venue and they have a function room at the back of their premises that would cater for that number. I was surprised that lunches were not back after covid in many places but for that number you should be catered for. You would need to be booking up for Christmas or is it for next year? Glen of the Downs Hotel has a 'private dining' room but not a bright location, might suit for evening? Talbot Hotel ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister got married last December and had her reception in No.25 Fitzwilliam Place. It was fab. Max they can take is 60 so 45 would be absolutely fine. Food was absolutely amazing and the decor, ambience and service were all great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We got married in The Anglers Rest last year with 50 guests. Their minimum number was 40 mid-week (including Sundays) at the time, but you'd need to check with them for the latest requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Need more information...

Approx budget pp?

Style... modern, rustic or classy?

If your guests are travelling it really needs to have accommodation. Especially if some of them are old or have health problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mariesays

We got married in Canada last month. The event was held at a banquet facility recommended by a friend. It was a modest event with only about 60 attendees. Fortunately, we decided against going forward with my intention to make it in a beach venue. Because of the unfavorable weather on the wedding day, planning the event on a beach would have been a huge flop. For your piece of mind, I believe a banquet hall would make the perfect wedding venue for you. Our ideas can be implemented in the hall, guests will be comfortable, and the cost is less than we anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Marco pierre whites

Advertisement