Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Can anyone who has already done the interview advise what the topic was for the presentation. I’d want to start thinking along those lines so it might come a bit more naturally whenever I get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Heidih

Anyone know what the Total Score range is for Batch 2 🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Just received my interview date for batch 2. They aren't hanging around!!

Good luck, have you got much time to prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Would u mind sharing your score and OOM to try gauge when we may hear? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

I also received my interview date. I’m a regional candidate so batch 1 for my locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

A fortnight to the interview, will get the strategic analysis exercise topic 7 days before the interview. Scored 140 in the shortlisting, they are calling anyone who scored 119 or higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Anyone who previously got called for interview but not available to attend due to being out of the country on date requested, how did PAS deal with request to reschedule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

My other half went back to work in civil service as an EO few years ago. She has over 15 years senior management experience - 7 as project manager in Irish university and 8 as an area manager in retail. Has done everything from customer service to training, recruitment, research, publishing etc in those roles. She has two 1st class masters degrees. She recently went for internal promotion to AP in her department. The main feedback she received having not made the cut was 'to get more experience in the civil service'. We were both a bit mystified....seemed very harsh given her experience. Would appreciate any feedback to help her try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 lozen

They responded very quickly to say they would put me in next batch to be called forward but that I couldn't defer again after that chance 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nibs2023

I'm similar to yourself I was 975 in the oom in the open panel and 682 in the inter d panel after the initial tests but I haven't heard anything yet either, yes or no. Hopefully soon.

I was 585 in open & 404 interdepartmental & got the email this time but scored 104 after shortlisting so will be called after this next group interviews I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I was in the 600s on the open & was shortlisted this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭durthacht

They gave a choice of four topics for my batch, which were all quite different areas, but the task is the same to evaluate current policy and suggest new initiatives. Best preparation at this stage would probably be to study the programme for government as it will be relevant to each of the topics.

Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Whatdoyoumean

Has anybody heard anything further regarding the specific Assistant Principal in Human Resources competition? (I can’t see a separate thread). I think I recall wording in the booklet about interviews envisaged in late July?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cat4789

Does anyone know which counties outside Dublin have been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

My message implied everyone who scored over 119 in the shortlisting not sure of the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alrite_

Does anyone know what number PAS are on with regard to calling people for clearance from batch 1.2 at the moment? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 egoode

Can I ask which regions you applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kidas

I’d like to know this too, I checked last week and they were up to 13 on the open stream, but they said they were currently taking from the interdepartmental stream now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

I had a similar experience recently. Was also a bit mystified. Other colleagues have mentioned to me that internal competitions can be almost like a reward system and aren't as fair or objective as external competitions. I don't know. It does seem that you need to have more knowledge of 'how we do things round here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OnwardsandUpwards

I have an interview on the 21st of July, but haven't received details of the strategic analysis exercise yet. Just wondering how far in advance of the interview do you have to submit it? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

Someone mentioned that it's around 7 days before the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

From reading here, there were 3 batches in Batch 1 - B1.1;B1.2 and B1.3. The cut-off for B1.1 was 114, while those scored minimum of 84 were in B1.3. Does anyone know what the cut-off for B1.2 was - i.e. those in the middle? Just trying to figure out if I will be called for interview in August or September, based off my own total score. I know it won't necessarily folow but it might give me a guide at least. They kind of seem to take the month to wrap up and move onto the next round of interviews so I assume B2.2 will be August interviews, B2.3 will be September interviews, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

You will most likely get the details this week and have to submit a couple of days before the interview. For example, my interview a couple of months ago was on a Friday and I had to submit my materials on the Tuesday of that week. I had received the strategic analysis exercise details the previous Tuesday.

Thanks a million. I'll expect it this week so. Did it take long between interview and being notified of your place on the panel?

Any interview prep tips from those who have been though the process? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 busher07

Best of luck everyone with the interviews and thanks for all the information. (still waiting to be called so really appreciate this group)

Advertisement