Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ladysmith

Anyone get an offer off this batch yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

That's fantastic Agnena, congrats! You are on the most recent panel, is that correct? Are you Dublin only? MTIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 markyp1988

Does anyone know if everyone from batch 2 has been interviewed or is there another group from within that batch to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

Hi needs your advice folks , I haven’t completed 2 years in civil service.( 2 yrs in jan) was told it takes time to get to your number and will be 2 years when they get on to you. My OOM is not so bad and I am afraid I might be called before . What happens guys, can I refuse interdepartmental and stay on open in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

Have you got two OOMs. I always thought that you had to have two years service on the date of application, otherwise your only eligible for Open.

That Is how it worked for me when I done the EO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

Typically, you need 2 years service completed by the closing date of application for the interdepartmental. I looked at the booklet and I don't see 2 years service mentioned at all.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭2021_AP

Have to have 2 years service by 17th Nov 2022 as per screenshot from interdependental AP circular

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DublinCS2023

Hi all

I scored 990 on the exams waaaay back last year...before I email PAS has anyone heard of any movement with interviewing candidates who scored in or around this figure?

Well done all who have placed and been appointed to a Dept already!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

I scored 1096 and nothing yet, not shortlisted at this stage for Dublin, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

From past posts it looks like around OOM 650 on open panel have so far been shortlisted. It looks like around 300-400 are taken per batch for shortlisting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

I am in top 20 on interdepartmental panel from batch 2.2. I have already completed my clearance (interdepartmental panel only at this stage) and today I received my offer. That's actually way to quick for my liking... I only received my interview results on 6 October... I wasn't expecting it to move so quick...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Wow!!! That’s fast, congratulations 🥳 do you mind me asking what Department you got offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nibs2023

I scored 1056 and I'm still waiting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

Wow that’s fast!

On PAS clearance, does anyone know, if you are an existing civil servant, but for not long at all, will they still only require a reference from your current department, or will they require references for the last three years?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

I scored 1086 with OOM 571 InterD and 826 open. Today I see Stage 2 result & I am shortlisted and have a new score. Not quite high enough to move to Stage 3 just yet. It say those with a score 127 or higher will move to Stage 3 of selection process first.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Just received an email from PAS saying I was successful at the shortlisting stage. They are bringing those with a score of above 127 to the next stage. I was below this threshold, so will likely be in the following batch, but very happy all the same.

Edited to make a correction

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Onion87

I'm completely new to this whole process, this is the first time I've ever applied for a civil service job. I got a message this morning saying I'd been shortlisted but my score is 107, and they're currently calling people who scored higher than 127 for interview. Has anyone any idea if it's likely I will get an interview and if so, when would it be? At the rate this is taking I'm expecting an interview in 2025 😄

Also, what is OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

Looks like another batch called forward. Just got through the short listing and through for interview.

OOM is Order of Merit. Hang in there you have been shortlisted so thats the next line crossed. I would imagine you will be in next batch for interviews. I scored above 127 so through in this batch but no mention of interview date etc yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emetus1

Has anyone any idea what batch PAS are currently on in the open stream? Or where they are in the batch? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 12_wasp

After shortlisting, what are the remaining steps before a job offer?

So this year are they going straight to presentation and final interview after shortlisting. Or is there a recorded preliminary interview etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 12_wasp

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ladysmith

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gargoyle711

Hi, I was 1047 in the original OOM last year and missed out on what I called the 'first batch', my scores fell in the middle scoring table that they provided. I got a message yesterday stating that I'd got through shortlisting and have a date for interview and presentation next month. I would consider myself to be in batch 2. I only selected Dublin - hope that helps.

I'd welcome any insight people have in relation to this next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Batch 2 were notified of shortlisting results on the 30th June 2023. Anyone hearing about shortlisting yesterday is in batch 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sweeps McKenzie

Batch 3.1, clearly! I got 1031 and have heard nothing.

You will just a matter of time. A year for me waiting...your almost at the hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phil92

Didn't pass the shortlisting, but I was very close (only a couple of points) and the work experience I've had since last year would definitely be enough to get me over the line.

Is there any way to appeal the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emetus1

I think you can but would need to email PAS. It’s in the competition booklet.

Any updates on clearance for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Hi All,

I’ve just received ´the under consideration for a position’ email. It only gives my region of choice not the Department. I assume you are told the Department at the next stage?

Advertisement